The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friday the 13th 2015 game

Bocivus

I'm not sure what to make of this.  This could be really fun, but repetitive.  On the other hand it could be terrible. 

From what I can find, it was supposed to be released this month.  However, I've also seen some articles that said they couldn't reach their budget or whatever to be able to complete the game.  Thoughts?

Me too.  Arcing rocks/stones and all! 

The learning curve is steep. But getting a new weapon improves the experience a lot, lol.

This new game looks interesting , but I'd be more on board if the game was pure survival horror, with a group of characters. This sounds more like Evolve, and Evolve ended up being a waste of my money all things considered. 

The learning curve is steep. But getting a new weapon improves the experience a lot, lol.

This new game looks interesting , but I'd be more on board if the game was pure survival horror, with a group of characters. This sounds more like Evolve, and Evolve ended up being a waste of my money all things considered. 

I think it would be amazing if you could play online, and 1 guy gets to be Jason with the rest being survivors. Surviving in a house, or in a neighbor or something trying to hide places while the Jason guy goes off finding/killing them.

It would be super suspenseful to be controlling a survivor, looking for a random weapon to use as Jason is looking around and you could hear him killing other people.

It would also be great to just be able to be Jason and brutally murder people with different kinds of animations, etc.

The game sounds interesting, but until we know anything that's all it is.

I think it would be amazing if you could play online, and 1 guy gets to be Jason with the rest being survivors. Surviving in a house, or in a neighbor or something trying to hide places while the Jason guy goes off finding/killing them.

It would be super suspenseful to be controlling a survivor, looking for a random weapon to use as Jason is looking around and you could hear him killing other people.

It would also be great to just be able to be Jason and brutally murder people with different kinds of animations, etc.

The game sounds interesting, but until we know anything that's all it is.

Friday the 13th typically takes place in a camp/forest setting (before he went to New York, and then later to outer space). The whole urban/suburban household thing is more in line with Michael Myers, but considering there's limits with such a premise and a setting, they will likely have this game taking place in various different kinds of locations, even if it will probably focus more mainly on the forest.

In terms of gameplay, I still think a single player premise would work better than a multiplayer and competitive one. It just seems like this game could have a brilliant campaign mode, if that's what they spent their time, effort, and money on building. Kind of similar to Alien Isolation, except with control of more than one character, and less of a focus on stealth.

I just liken it back to Evolve like that again, where you have one character controlling the monster, and the rest being a team having to deal with him. Whenever I did play Evolve, I immediately stopped doing player controlled monster matches because it just felt very off. It wasn't fun to be the monster, and for various reasons it wasn't fun to fight one who was not AI.

I'm sure they'll work on the balancing to try and make the formula as enjoyable as possible, but at least for me, such a premise starts them at a disadvantage. That's just from previous experience.

Friday the 13th typically takes place in a camp/forest setting (before he went to New York, and then later to outer space). The whole urban/suburban household thing is more in line with Michael Myers, but considering there's limits with such a premise and a setting, they will likely have this game taking place in various different kinds of locations, even if it will probably focus more mainly on the forest.

In terms of gameplay, I still think a single player premise would work better than a multiplayer and competitive one. It just seems like this game could have a brilliant campaign mode, if that's what they spent their time, effort, and money on building. Kind of similar to Alien Isolation, except with control of more than one character, and less of a focus on stealth.

I just liken it back to Evolve like that again, where you have one character controlling the monster, and the rest being a team having to deal with him. Whenever I did play Evolve, I immediately stopped doing player controlled monster matches because it just felt very off. It wasn't fun to be the monster, and for various reasons it wasn't fun to fight one who was not AI.

I'm sure they'll work on the balancing to try and make the formula as enjoyable as possible, but at least for me, such a premise starts them at a disadvantage. That's just from previous experience.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll need to have some sort of campaign, but I just thought it would be cool to be the defenseless people running away from him and hiding. It's just Jason though, who is pretty human, so I don't really think they can screw up his controls.

It's hard to tell this early though. Also yeah, Jason is more of a campfire kind of guy.

• 2 months later...

I would like an open world mystery horror game, where you try to solve some dark secret about the camp while surviving Jason, who appears at random. The forest has to be large and very dark, with plenty of random cabins, caves, etc.

I don't think playing as Jason as main gameplay would be incredibly interesting, but could make for good multiplayer modes.

Archived