The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Justin Schultz

SvenBae

On ‎1‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:57 PM, Crabcakes said:

A minimum contract or better, a 2-way is what he needs but his cap hit is 3.9!  How on earth would he agree?  He's a massively overpaid project.  I wish him luck.

If he does not get qualified, and he probably should not, maybe there is a compromise.  A 1 or two year 1 way deal for low NHL money.

That keeps him in the range of money he could get in Europe. And the club option to dispatch him a development league such as the AHL if that is what is required. If he does not take the message on what is required for the NHL level.

I'm certainly not trading for him at $3.9. But I would tender such an offer when he becomes a free agent.

On 1/29/2016 at 9:51 PM, SvenBae said:

Reading this article got me a little interested;

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-oilers-who-will-be-moved-at-nhl-trade-deadline/

Would you be interested in taking a flyer on Schultz as a project? If so, what would you be willing to give up for him?

Didn't see a topic on this on the first page, apologies if there is already a thread on this.

Not in a million years, after he turned the Canucks down coming out of college as a UFA and choosing to sign with "young, dynamic" team as apposed to an excellent winning team were he would be groomed for a top 4 situation.

Archived