The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great Bear Rainforest agreement creates 'a gift to the world'

Chalky

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/great-bear-rainforest-bc-agreement-1.3426034

This is great news.  There has been so much behind the scenes work by people dedicated to this cause that will never be named.  I wish to acknowledge all the unnamed volunteers who have been instrumental in this achievement.  It truly is a gift to the world.  Specifically I would like to acknowledge Ian McAllister http://pacificwild.org/about/our-team/ian-mcallister and Pacific Wild http://pacificwild.org/ for their tireless work to educate people on the Great Bear Rainforest. Bravo!  If you have never checked out Ian McAllister's photography, I highly recommend it.

This news made my day after reading it this morning.  Amazingly the Clark government is taking full credit for it even though they actually defined the parameters that saw it go from 100% to 85% protection.

Regardless of that gripe and jab at them full measure to all those involved who made this possible, it's truly amazing really that such a large area is finally protected, and not just fringes but the full area including watersheds

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

This news made my day after reading it this morning.  Amazingly the Clark government is taking full credit for it even though they actually defined the parameters that saw it go from 100% to 85% protection.

Regardless of that gripe and jab at them full measure to all those involved who made this possible, it's truly amazing really that such a large area is finally protected, and not just fringes but the full area including watersheds

I have been trying to hold my tongue all day about that.

Just now, Warhippy said:

If Clark actually shot a person for no reason and they survived she would take credit for saving their life. 

the coastal guardian watchman network ,in associating with small communities hartley bay in particular ,bella bella ,kitamaat village, klemtu, kitkatla, have all banded together with pacific wild org. green peace the  list goes on and on.. when you stop and consider how current logging on the north coast is not as big a economic contributor other than raw log export only benefiting very few logging companies and ilwu long shore man . it was only a matter of time. all groups combined made for a pretty formidable force for cristy to go against, given the global focus on this area.  don't expect clayton stoner or david booth to be showing up any time soon  lol

Archived