The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Panama Papers: The Secret of Dirty Money (2.6TB of info leaked)

thejazz97

On 4/6/2016 at 8:25 AM, Alflives said:

You're joking, for certain - right?  :rolleyes:

The pertinent question should be, how am I benefiting from governments "printing", taxing, or spending?

As much as I think MMT is just current Keynesianism on steroids and growth hormones, as a model it describes how a government-operated fiat currency system works well enough in a way, that an informed trader can target certain actions that the government takes, and may be able to profit from the opportunities from the market distortion that said government actions will cause.

Thus, I am exploiting the fact that the government exist and did something, anything, in the market...whether it was a welfare payment or any other social spending.

If they just did nothing, or if the government didn't exist then I would have lost a major source of regular, stable income since the time I discovered this cause/effect setup. 

So I make a living off government actions, while at the same time wanting the government to "go away". 

No conflict-of-interest.

At all.

Okay, maybe not...as I do want Bernie to win the US Presidency...

On 4/6/2016 at 9:50 AM, Warhippy said:

I didn't say anything was wrong with it, I regularly purchase precious metals with 10% of every cheque I get.  And print is amazing when there is a need to burn something worthless for warmth

Speaking of conflict-of-interest, you want more government spending yet you are also stacking?

On 4/7/2016 at 10:01 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

I just wonder if Canadian Loonie works at the Fraser Institute 24/7 and is chained to his desk, and gets propaganda pumped into his head when he sleeps. Or does he get out and see the real world on weekends? 

Charming...because I have too much time as I am getting a "basic income" off of the government's said manipulation of the economy.

Too much time because I don't necessarily have to sit at a desk to do my trades, as I have programmed an algorithmic bot to do it for me. Luckily, the anti-government business is booming so that is where my entrepreneurial time and energy is being channeled towards.

Otherwise, if it appears that I am already getting bored and restless to a degree from a source of workfree "basic income", how will the rest of the population fare from no longer needing to work for a living?

On ‎2016‎年‎4‎月‎7‎日 at 10:48 PM, chilliwiggins said:

The part of this story of worldwide corruption has not been written yet and this is where it truly becomes magnificent.

Ok so they have figured out a way to steal more money from people and companys that know how to bend the rules by having placed their wealth in off-shore tax havens.     Now these current shelters are no longer safe , so there has been a global shift of currency to newly developed secure (for the time being)  shelters , to the informed group that are in the know.   

One thing you may have noticed was the Americans were less involved so it would seem (LMAO).    Well not so fast, it seems that Nevada and 2 other states have convienianlty change some rules and regulations which basically allows them to shelter wealth much like these off-shore  tax havens, so right now money is flowing into RENO NEVADA from all of those places.    This design to expose and force people to move their wealth into the new shelter was created by DAVID ROTSCHILD  lol.    So while everyone is pointing their fingers at the chump change , the leader of the pack is gathering the loot.       This can be traced back to many events in our recent global history which is no accident as it was carefully devised over many years.    Welcome to DAVIDS WORLD.

Seems eerily reminiscent of the proverbial 'rats leaving a sinking ship'.

& these cynical b*stards try to distract everyone with endless, droning tripe on Hitlery & Trump. Humans DON'T think too well in groups.

As Celente loves to exclaim: "Think fer yourself!" Yes indeed.

8 hours ago, CanadianLoonie said:

So as a change-up I went from putting forward my usual Austrian position to switching to the beginning of the opposite end of the un-orthodox spectrum by invoking an idea from MMT (minus the taxation)...

...and you proceed to link me to a site espousing MMT...did you not recognize the direction I was going at?

As an example of information asymmetry, I have been studying the theory and history of economics and monetary systems, and applying that knowledge by trading currencies as a source of income, for almost 12 years so I think I have enough of a clue on how money works to make a decent living off of it.

For example, I just closed out a trade yesterday on a currency option that yielded 100% in the last month, and over 900% since I opened the position 2 months ago. Because that is what you can expect from being clueless.

All government-issued, fiat currency throughout history has gone to 0. History has proven that the idea of giving governments the sole power to issue currency is TERRIBLE, yet you still believe this time will be different?

You don't think it will happen under MMT?

It does me absolutely no good to be smarter than any and/or everyone here.

I just have to be smarter than every tax-collector in the world.

I honestly don't care what your claims are about your background - all I care about is what you have to spew. And it's garbage. Remember Wetcoaster? Claims to be a lawyer, but eventually got himself banned for being an idiot. It's actions that dictate how people perceive you.

It's unfair and irresponsible to say you are ignorant - at least without giving reason. The fact that you mentioned studying economics for an X amount of years is downright scary, when you've suggested no plausible plan for paying for services and infrastructure. The fact that you used an example of a bridge that was built in the early 1900s makes your entire argument a walking joke.

Salaries, house prices, technology, jobs/opportunity/philosophy was COMPLETELY different than now.

It's like taking the bible and re-interpreting its principles on concepts like homosexuality, birth control and gender relations.

Corporations aren't sending money away off-shore because they think taxation is too much. They do it because they feel they can. They're not out to make a statement that all of us shouldn't pay taxes period. They're out to save their own skin.

Why would they take care of the greater good WITHOUT TAXES if they can't even adhere to standing laws?

Corporations SHOULD be penalized when found to be dodging taxes.

9 hours ago, CanadianLoonie said:

Charming...because I have too much time as I am getting a "basic income" off of the government's said manipulation of the economy.

Too much time because I don't necessarily have to sit at a desk to do my trades, as I have programmed an algorithmic bot to do it for me. Luckily, the anti-government business is booming so that is where my entrepreneurial time and energy is being channeled towards.

Otherwise, if it appears that I am already getting bored and restless to a degree from a source of workfree "basic income", how will the rest of the population fare from no longer needing to work for a living?

Oh, CanadianLoonie, I think you've really lost it, mentally speaking.

If you have so much time and money as you say you do, why are you posting on CDC, raging about the world and arguing about economics to people who mostly have to work to make a basic income?

Hardly an effective strategy to forcing change, much like you talking about a society with no taxation.

Furthermore, assuming you are telling the truth about what you are typing, you are crying for NO TAXATION? Someone like you serves to benefit from no taxation more than anything.

By the way, have you filed your taxes for this year?

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If you have so much time and money as you say you do, why are you posting on CDC, raging about the world and arguing about economics to people who mostly have to work to make a basic income?

Hardly an effective strategy to forcing change, much like you talking about a society with no taxation.

Furthermore, assuming you are telling the truth about what you are typing, you are crying for NO TAXATION? Someone like you serves to benefit from no taxation more than anything.

He lives in La La Land. For real. If I find myself writing more than 2 lines in my replies to him. I stop.

37 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If I was a part of the big wigs, then I would just STFU and continue to exploit the system without remorse. I wouldn't be here at all trying to stir the pot...just continue as you were as things would be going well enough as it is.

On the contrary, I am a believer in fair-play so as an act of courtesy and respect towards fellow citizens, I am trying to warn others about the inherent risks and dangers of the current political, economic, and monetary systems.  

I advocate getting rid of it altogether, but near-everyone else here disagrees, thinking the systems can be changed for the better and for their benefit, while I think things will get worse as time goes on.

Since I have now given a general warning, I feel no lingering guilt or responsibility about taking advantage of other peoples' willful ignorance and naivete. For in the Information Age that we are in, ignorance is a choice. 

And you choose to be taken advantage of. 

37 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

< 183 days in 2015.

2 minutes ago, CanadianLoonie said:

If I was a part of the big wigs, then I would just STFU and continue to exploit the system without remorse. I wouldn't be here at all trying to stir the pot...just continue as you were as things would be going well enough as it is.

On the contrary, I am a believer in fair-play so as an act of courtesy and respect towards fellow citizens, I am trying to warn others about the inherent risks and dangers of the current political, economic, and monetary systems.  

I advocate getting rid of it altogether, but near-everyone else here disagrees, thinking the systems can be changed for the better and for their benefit, while I think things will get worse as time goes on.

Since I have now given a general warning, I feel no lingering guilt or responsibility about taking advantage of other peoples' willful ignorance and naivete. For in the Information Age that we are in, ignorance is a choice. 

< 183 days in 2015.

This whole re-formed Ebenezer Scrooge persona that you're trying to play is full of horse manure. Besides, no one here, except yourself, can vouch for any of your statements. None of them are subject to responsibility, nor can they be verifiable. You are here because you're rambling about some far-fetched fantasy of yours. Actually, correction, several far-fetch fantasies.

It's funny that you 'believe in fair play'. You talk about exploiting a system to make the money that you allegedly have. Don't you see the hypocrisy in that?

Furthermore, why are you repenting on a local sports forum? This isn't a church, nor does it forgive any sins that you may or may not have committed.

In short, no one cares about your background, unless you specifically wanted us to know (which you freely did). You are prancing around in money and time, without working - right?

Something smells here and it's not coming from any one of us.

19 minutes ago, CanadianLoonie said:

And you choose to be taken advantage of. 

< 183 days in 2015.

You are helping people to avoid paying taxes (while they still enjoy the benefits of tax money funded programs). Nothing more. 

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

This whole re-formed Ebenezer Scrooge persona that you're trying to play is full of horse manure. Besides, no one here, except yourself, can vouch for any of your statements. None of them are subject to responsibility, nor can they be verifiable. You are here because you're rambling about some far-fetched fantasy of yours. Actually, correction, several far-fetch fantasies.

200 years ago, the same thing can be said of abolitionists. 

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's funny that you 'believe in fair play'. You talk about exploiting a system to make the money that you allegedly have. Don't you see the hypocrisy in that?

In the markets, you can either be a contrarian or a victim...and I am not going to be a victim.

I am not taking any stolen money into my possession direct from the treasury, I am only taking advantage of the effects that the actions cause. I didn't cause it, I don't want it to happen, but it is happening so if I do nothing I will be harmed. So if it was going to happen no matter what, why not be rewarded for my research?

If governments stops spending, then that stream will dry up...but you won't allow that to happen, will you?

19 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Furthermore, why are you repenting on a local sports forum? This isn't a church, nor does it forgive any sins that you may or may not have committed.

Aren't we all Canucks?

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

In short, no one cares about your background, unless you specifically wanted us to know (which you freely did). You are prancing around in money and time, without working - right?

Working towards a better future by disrupting centralized systems....and they are ripe for disruption.

24 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Something smells here and it's not coming from any one of us.

You sure it isn't your T1 General package?

19 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

You are helping people to avoid paying taxes . Nothing more. 

Because taxation is theft and extortion, so it is the morally right thing to help people avoid being victims of violence.

20 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

(while they still enjoy the benefits of tax money funded programs)

Then don't have programs that are funded by the proceeds of crime.

43 minutes ago, CanadianLoonie said:

200 years ago, the same thing can be said of abolitionists. 

In the markets, you can either be a contrarian or a victim...and I am not going to be a victim.

I am not taking any stolen money into my possession direct from the treasury, I am only taking advantage of the effects that the actions cause. I didn't cause it, I don't want it to happen, but it is happening so if I do nothing I will be harmed. So if it was going to happen no matter what, why not be rewarded for my research?

If governments stops spending, then that stream will dry up...but you won't allow that to happen, will you?

Aren't we all Canucks?

Working towards a better future by disrupting centralized systems....and they are ripe for disruption.

You sure it isn't your T1 General package?

Because taxation is theft and extortion, so it is the morally right thing to help people avoid being victims of violence.

Then don't have programs that are funded by the proceeds of crime.

I'm entirely convinced - not in your grandiose stories -  but of the fact that you are mentally ill.

You may very well come across as educated, but you are deluded, perhaps even dangerously so. You actually believe in what you are writing about.

I would have to imagine that everyone on this board has a better life than you do. No one else on this forum flaunts about their personal life quite like you.

I've come across many people like you on Youtube. So many of them claim to own a garage full of cars or make endless amounts of money. Yet all of them concentrate their time on one or more niche sites. This certainly qualifies as such a site.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I'm entirely convinced, but not in your grandiose stories, but the fact that you are in fact mentally ill.

Yes, you are technically correct as I have mildly severe OCD. Which is a disaster in regards to certain aspect of life, but without the overwhelming obsessive-compulsion to analyse data and breakdown systems, I would not have found out about the above connection. So it gives and takes.

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You may very well come across as educated, but you are deluded, perhaps even dangerously so. You actually believe in what you are writing about.

Dangerous only to the current system and its centralized command and controllers, beneficiaries, and dependents...aka the big wigs

And not just writing about it, but putting it into action. 

Assuming you are not a part of the big wigs, you have nothing to worry about...

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I would have to imagine that everyone on this board has a better life than you do. No one else on this forum flaunts about their personal life quite like you.

The bigger story, the bigger the bullcrap.

You are entitled to your opinion...just don't impose taxation upon me.

On 4/7/2016 at 5:45 PM, Kragar said:

Daz, I'm quite confident Loonie knows this.  I believe the point is that countries like the US are already well underway with this mass printing.  Similarly, but on a greater scale, as to how banks can loan out more money than they actually have to increase profits, countries like the US print more and more money so they can spend more to enhance the economy.

The US is immune from the effects so long as the petrodollar system is in play...which mean the USD is de facto backed by the House of Saud and their oil.

On 4/7/2016 at 5:45 PM, Kragar said:

Or, as I believe Loonie would put it (Loonie, feel free to correct in case I am putting incorrect words in your mouth), it's just another way governments steal from us... print more money, making what we have worth less than it did before.  Even if it makes sense from the government's standpoint (per your link), it doesn't make it right.

Yes, you are absolutely correct about the loss of purchasing power from currency debasement by increasing the supply of currency units.

Now, you know how I say taxation is theft/extortion/armed robbery?

Because it is your property taken away from your possession with the threat of the use of force for non-compliance, agree?

Well, I would support the use of "printing" to fund government expenditures as it is a form of taxation...that is NON-VIOLENT.

The government does not have to "point a gun" to take anything. In fact, nothing is taken from you...physically.

"Printing" will devalue every existing unit of that nations' currency equally...held by the rich or poor, foreign or domestic, there is no avoidance, evasion, or escape from it. Nothing could be more fair and equal!

It also highly economical as well, as there are no need for tax collectors, no need for enforcement of tax laws, and the government could reap large amounts of value from seigniorage.

All it depends upon is for the government to be responsible and exercise self-discipline with the printer...and government can be entrusted to do so, right?

On 4/7/2016 at 6:48 AM, chilliwiggins said:

The part of this story of worldwide corruption has not been written yet and this is where it truly becomes magnificent.

Ok so they have figured out a way to steal more money from people and companys that know how to bend the rules by having placed their wealth in off-shore tax havens.     Now these current shelters are no longer safe , so there has been a global shift of currency to newly developed secure (for the time being)  shelters , to the informed group that are in the know.   

One thing you may have noticed was the Americans were less involved so it would seem (LMAO).    Well not so fast, it seems that Nevada and 2 other states have convienianlty change some rules and regulations which basically allows them to shelter wealth much like these off-shore  tax havens, so right now money is flowing into RENO NEVADA from all of those places.    This design to expose and force people to move their wealth into the new shelter was created by DAVID ROTSCHILD  lol.    So while everyone is pointing their fingers at the chump change , the leader of the pack is gathering the loot.       This can be traced back to many events in our recent global history which is no accident as it was carefully devised over many years.    Welcome to DAVIDS WORLD.

You got it.

The biggest tax haven in the world is the United States of America.*

This is a just a tactic to solidify its position and drive more foreign investment into the US. Switzerland was hit a few years ago, Panama now, and I would not be surprised to see Hong Kong and/or Singapore be the next targets in the future. 

And although Neveda is good, there are still better states to get protective infrastructure from.

*Offer good only for non-US citizens and non-US resident foreigners

Archived