The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drake - Saturday September 17th - Rogers Arena

AriGold

15 hours ago, cabinessence said:

If you say so.....ut didn't Jimmy Page play an instrument and pay the music? Or did he have several producers put data into a computer and come up with beats to rap oh yeah wave yo hands in da air, oh yeah?

jimmy page was a plagiarist guitarist, yes.

1 hour ago, cabinessence said:

He plays.....?

he's a singer/rapper

stop being so difficult. 

drake isn't pretending to be a thug - he has openly spoken about his financial situation growing up, and he gives credit to everyone he works with. if you don't like him, cool. but playing a guitar (in 2016, no less) is hardly the be all, end all of music

45 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

he's a singer/rapper

stop being so difficult. 

drake isn't pretending to be a thug - he has openly spoken about his financial situation growing up, and he gives credit to everyone he works with. if you don't like him, cool. but playing a guitar (in 2016, no less) is hardly the be all, end all of music

Am I being difficult or just exposing what passes off as musicianship these days.

11 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

Am I being difficult or just exposing what passes off as musicianship these days.

i can't tell if you're trolling or just not aware of what you're saying, but whatever

enjoy your BTO and budweiser tonight, dad

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Likely instruments could be obsolete in music production in our life time.

https://www.namm.org/files/ihdp-viewer/global-report-2014/A7352D4907B25A95B2CE27A075D3956F/2014MusicUSA_final.pdf

it would take a massive decline, according to this. there are still millions of guitars (electric and acoustic) sold yearly in america, new from retailers. when you factor in the massive used/second hand sales, it's far more significant 

i think with more electronic compatibility the guitar will definitely have a bit of a resurgence to some extent. like, you can learn through your computer and stuff now. and the guitar is used in almost every genre to some extent. i would be shocked if its obsolete any time soon, same with keyboards/pianos.

...but... i think a sh-tty company like Gibson, who continue to charge so much for their products and a notoriously poorly run company, will struggle going forward

i really miss my guitar, even though i sucked ass at it. i'm looking to buy a cheap new one currently, just to screw around with. but it's hard to justify spending that kind of money on something so casual.

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

https://www.namm.org/files/ihdp-viewer/global-report-2014/A7352D4907B25A95B2CE27A075D3956F/2014MusicUSA_final.pdf

it would take a massive decline, according to this. there are still millions of guitars (electric and acoustic) sold yearly in america, new from retailers. when you factor in the massive used/second hand sales, it's far more significant 

i think with more electronic compatibility the guitar will definitely have a bit of a resurgence to some extent. like, you can learn through your computer and stuff now. and the guitar is used in almost every genre to some extent. i would be shocked if its obsolete any time soon, same with keyboards/pianos.

...but... i think a sh-tty company like Gibson, who continue to charge so much for their products and a notoriously poorly run company, will struggle going forward

i really miss my guitar, even though i sucked ass at it. i'm looking to buy a cheap new one currently, just to screw around with. but it's hard to justify spending that kind of money on something so casual.

Thanks for the link and good to see that my hopeless post appears inaccurate.

safe to say as the article does; concerning the guitar specifically, it is a popular instrument.  I'm not suprised with the numbers of acoustic sales as we have seen a resurgence of a folk element to a lot of main stream music.

for me when it comes to instrument play, I don't care what type of

music inspires a kid to pick up an instrument, so long as it happens.

i think the school system cutbacks of programs could be a contributing factor.  I had a sax in my hands by grade six and was in the school band all the way to high school Grad. By grade ten I was in the teguLr band as well as the jazz band. Lol. Good times actually.

perhaps guitar hero killed band camp too.:lol:

outside of school I got my first guitar (elec) at a pawnshop.

like you I miss the times when I regularly played an instrument.  As you mentioned Gibson, my wife bought me an SG for 30th and I bought one of those line6 effects boards.  Those things are literally hours of fun.

im sure you'll find something good at a reasonable price. Heck even Best Buy sells guitars now - cheap.

Archived