The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drake - Saturday September 17th - Rogers Arena

AriGold

3 minutes ago, Flume said:

interested to see the post pre-edit

what makes you think my ass is an onion butt

It just said nice butt instead of onion butt.

Because who doesn't like an ass that'll make you tear up. ;)

I wouldn't pay 2 cents to see him live. I just don't get it. Why all the hand gestures and talk about what a home boy he is?

He's an upper middle class Canadian that spend a few weeks in a Memphis ghetto with his dad and now he's talking about starting from the bottom like he had it hard all his life.

I would rather pay money to watch someone play music.

1 minute ago, cabinessence said:

I wouldn't pay 2 cents to see him live. I just don't get it. Why all the hand gestures and talk about what a home boy he is?

He's an upper middle class Canadian that spend a few weeks in a Memphis ghetto with his dad and now he's talking about starting from the bottom like he had it hard all his life.

its the world we live in, a women with a plastic butt has fame. A girl who strips in her songs is popular, and finally a rapper who talks through a voice box is popular too.

back in my day we had Tupac and Biggie nuff said. 

3 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

its the world we live in, a women with a plastic butt has fame. A girl who strips in her songs is popular, and finally a rapper who talks through a voice box is popular too.

back in my day we had Tupac and Biggie nuff said. 

lol, the same tupac who grew up in a middle class household, attended prestigious acting programs, and grew up being a dancer before pretending to be a thug? right.

Just now, GLASSJAW said:

lol, the same tupac who grew up in a middle class household, attended prestigious acting programs, and grew up being a dancer before pretending to be a thug? right.

lol at middle class, and pretending to be a thug, he was revolutionary, if pac was alive Black America would be different. He had a plan, probably the only rapper who actaully cared about the hood. carry along.

4 hours ago, cabinessence said:

You don't gotta like Drake (what do I care?) but he's an amazing songwriter/lyricist, and he's hardly amping up some thug lifestyle, lol. He's brutally honest about his upbringing and his history

21 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

lol at middle class, and pretending to be a thug, he was revolutionary, if pac was alive Black America would be different. He had a plan, probably the only rapper who actaully cared about the hood. carry along.

5 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Whalley ?

On 4/29/2016 at 4:28 PM, GLASSJAW said:

You don't gotta like Drake (what do I care?) but he's an amazing songwriter/lyricist, and he's hardly amping up some thug lifestyle, lol. He's brutally honest about his upbringing and his history

Aren't his songs more sampling from others/ What about that alleged ghostwriter?

"I done kept it real from the jump, livin at my mama's house we'd argue every month" Brilliant lyrics!

14 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

Aren't his songs more sampling from others/ What about that alleged ghostwriter?

"I done kept it real from the jump, livin at my mama's house we'd argue every month" Brilliant lyrics!

lol come on

How many riffs did Jimmy Page directly steal without giving a single penny or songwriting credit to the poor, black community he robbed from? In fact, how much of the British blues rock scene of the 60s/70s was built on stealing directly from American bands who didn't have distriubtion rights or copyright laws protecting them in America? How many allegations were placed against the Beatles, Rod Stewart, Radiohead, Coldplay, Johnny Cash? Blah blah blah, everyone's been sued for plagiarism. Everyone in pop music is ripping everyone else off - either consciously or, if you have a good enough lawyer, "subconsciously."

Credit where it's due: at least Drake gave the ghostwriter writing credits on the song long before he was accused of using a ghostwriter. The ghostwriter in question has spoken about it and said he only deserves a bit of credit, and it was a collaborative process (the ghostwritten source that leaked is basically 1/3 of the final song). Anyway, this sort of credit and collaborative effort is something Zeppelin and co. never did. They just stole.

You don't have to like Drake at all - but the point is he has 100+ songs, many of them fantastic. A whole lot of them have amazing hooks, great lyrics, etc. Some of the songs have 1 or 2 writing credits, others have 5. I won't pretend to know who does what. But there's only one common denominator.

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

lol come on

How many riffs did Jimmy Page directly steal without giving a single penny or songwriting credit to the poor, black community he robbed from? In fact, how much of the British blues rock scene of the 60s/70s was built on stealing directly from American bands who didn't have distriubtion rights or copyright laws protecting them in America? How many allegations were placed against the Beatles, Rod Stewart, Radiohead, Coldplay, Johnny Cash? Blah blah blah, everyone's been sued for plagiarism. Everyone in pop music is ripping everyone else off - either consciously or, if you have a good enough lawyer, "subconsciously."

Credit where it's due: at least Drake gave the ghostwriter writing credits on the song long before he was accused of using a ghostwriter. The ghostwriter in question has spoken about it and said he only deserves a bit of credit, and it was a collaborative process (the ghostwritten source that leaked is basically 1/3 of the final song). Anyway, this sort of credit and collaborative effort is something Zeppelin and co. never did. They just stole.

You don't have to like Drake at all - but the point is he has 100+ songs, many of them fantastic. A whole lot of them have amazing hooks, great lyrics, etc. Some of the songs have 1 or 2 writing credits, others have 5. I won't pretend to know who does what. But there's only one common denominator.

If you say so.....ut didn't Jimmy Page play an instrument and pay the music? Or did he have several producers put data into a computer and come up with beats to rap oh yeah wave yo hands in da air, oh yeah?

Archived