The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Free agency is is a marker in time...that I was hoping he was signed previous to. 

11 minutes ago, nickels said:

Should have had the foresight to do it before the McDavid dealings..knew they were coming.

If there is some way to criticize your team, you guys will find it.    (shakes head)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nickels said:

Another in the long line of valuable contributions from R_Z

Thanks for coming out.    I am always curious why some posters, you are one of them, are so keen to simply be here to be only negative and then if someone is called on that excessive negativity, you post some immature slag.    Is that fun?   Is it what you get out of a discussion board process?    I find it curious that someone would invest time simply trying to crap on everything/everyone else.     No hobbies?

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Thanks for coming out.    I am always curious why some posters, you are one of them, are so keen to simply be here to be only negative and then if someone is called on that excessive negativity, you post some immature slag.    Is that fun?   Is it what you get out of a discussion board process?    I find it curious that someone would invest time simply trying to crap on everything/everyone else.     No hobbies?

Don't crap on anyone....pot/kettle...that's you dude

That and never a single insightful post...

Don't like my posts...don't read them....and don't bother responding to them either.

Could give a rats ass your opinion.

2 minutes ago, nickels said:

Don't crap on anyone....pot/kettle...that's you dude

That and never a single insightful post...

Don't like my posts...don't read them....and don't bother responding to them either.

Could give a rats ass your opinion.

I only respond to silly attacks from children and I will read what I want to read and respond to what I want to respond to.   You started the discussion in such a mature fashion, I responded and clearly that offends you.   Grow up.    

Oh, and if you say you don't care about someone's opinion but then not only respond to it but make it clear you read all of them, improve your game a bit  :lol:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nickels said:

Can't wait for school to start back up...get lost

joker.gif

Love it!   Not only predictable, but one trick too.    I sincerely hope your real life is more full than your troll existence on line and, if not, my condolences.  Have a good one!  

Oh, and if you say you are going to ignore someone, you have to stop reading and responding to their posts.   To do otherwise kinda makes you look a little, uh, let's go with "inconsistent".   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

If I am his agent I'm getting him a deal that takes him to free agency as fast as possible and then seeing how the team uses him and how the team building is going over that span to decide on the future at that point. 

If I were his agent, I would recommend same thing.   I am even sure McDavid's agent may have suggested same thing and so forth.   In case of Horvat, it will come down to how badly he personally wants to be in Canuck colours long-term and how much the team thinks he belongs - if they both agree long-term, the rest of the details are much easier.   

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If I were his agent, I would recommend same thing.   I am even sure McDavid's agent may have suggested same thing and so forth.   In case of Horvat, it will come down to how badly he personally wants to be in Canuck colours long-term and how much the team thinks he belongs - if they both agree long-term, the rest of the details are much easier.   

True but in McDavid's case his place on the team is unquestionable, In Bo's case will he be playing behind Sutter in minutes? Will it be better for his career to be on a team that has a much better chance of contending? That sort of thing. Bo hasn't the leverage of the top shelf elites but his agent has a few cards to play. 

I think the only way for Benning to get a long term deal is to gold plate it. 

Edited by TimberWolf

Just now, TimberWolf said:

True but in McDavid's case his place on the team is unquestionable, In Bo's case will he be playing behind Sutter in minutes? Will it be better for his career to be on a team that has a much better chance of contending? That sort of thing. Bo hasn't the leverage of the top shelf elites but his agent has a few cards to play. 

I think the only way to get a long term deal is to gold plate it. 

Behind Sutter in minutes?   Doubt that but I don't coach the team.  IF they did that, would seem silly.   

This team will be contending again - all teams have cycles.   Players that jump around looking for a contender often don't have a very good career.   

I disagree on the gold plating.  I think this guy wants to play for your team - and no agent can trump that.

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Behind Sutter in minutes?   Doubt that but I don't coach the team.  IF they did that, would seem silly.   

This team will be contending again - all teams have cycles.   Players that jump around looking for a contender often don't have a very good career.   

I disagree on the gold plating.  I think this guy wants to play for your team - and no agent can trump that.

I wouldn't play Bo behind Sutter either but we've seen weirder with this team 

The question is will this team contend again in Bo's lifetime as a Canuck? We could be over  decade away. 

If the player wants it that badly, for sure. Hell I remember A-Rod firing his agent because he kept demanding ridiculous money that would have got him traded, I get that but it's pretty early in Bo's career and I'm sure he'll want to keep his options open with the teams direction still in doubt. 

Edited by TimberWolf

10 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

I wouldn't play Bo behind Sutter either but we've seen weirder with this team 

The question is will this team contend again in Bo's lifetime as a Canuck? We could be over  decade away. 

If the player wants it that badly, for sure. Hell I remember A-Rod firing his agent because he kept demanding ridiculous money that would have got him traded, I get that but it's pretty early in Bo's career and I'm sure he'll want to keep his options open with the teams direction still in doubt. 

I cannot believe this team is a decade away.   The prospect pool, the bones like Bo, OJ, Boeser and Demo - I am of an opinion this is a team in playoff hunt the season after this next one or at most a year following.   

What doubt on team direction BTW.   I think FINALLY this team has a very clear and obvious direction.   I do think ownership was confused but since they made it clear to management, there has been no moves over past half year or so that don't all point in same direction.   New coach who is good with younger players, growing prospect pool, some NHL proven talent as filler with no strings attached - sounds like a very good direction to me.   

57 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Absolutely - would like to see it get done asap!

We should be careful though since personal opinions on the timing of this tend to lead to @Rob_Zepp throwing a tantrum about negativity. 

Yup, a tantrum for pointing out you need to loosen the noose around your neck if your RFA isn't signed on day one of potential signing date.   There are at least 20 players in same boat as Horvat in NHL right now going through same thing with same agent pressure and team discussions etc.   Why is it such a failure of logic to let this at least have a few weeks to play out before anyone decides that the Canuck organization is a failure for actually negotiating the deal versus just saying "sure Mr. Horvat agent, we will sign anything".   

This has diddly widdly to do about being positive or otherwise, it has to do with every single thread seems to bring out at least a few that will take ANY POSSIBLE angle to find fault with their team.   You have a team that is on the rebuild, a team that was the dominant team in Canada for nearly 10 years, a team that is on the bottom of a cycle but with a lot of bright spots - why so damn glum about that?

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yup, a tantrum for pointing out you need to loosen the noose around your neck if your RFA isn't signed on day one of potential signing date.   There are at least 20 players in same boat as Horvat in NHL right now going through same thing with same agent pressure and team discussions etc.   Why is it such a failure of logic to let this at least have a few weeks to play out before anyone decides that the Canuck organization is a failure for actually negotiating the deal versus just saying "sure Mr. Horvat agent, we will sign anything".   

This has diddly widdly to do about being positive or otherwise, it has to do with every single thread seems to bring out at least a few that will take ANY POSSIBLE angle to find fault with their team.   You have a team that is on the rebuild, a team that was the dominant team in Canada for nearly 10 years, a team that is on the bottom of a cycle but with a lot of bright spots - why so damn glum about that?

1) I'm confident that Horvat will be around for a long time. No noose here!

2) He could've been re-upped before the beginning of free-agency as a pending RFA. So not exactly "day one of potential signing date."

3) As I've said, I get that this is totally normal. 

4) I'm happy to let this play out over the coming weeks.

5) Never said the Canuck org is a failure, nor do I think that. 

6) The purpose of these boards is to allow for a variety of opinions to be expressed. Saying I wish something went another way isn't finding fault, it's expressing an opinion. 

7) As I've said, not glum - felling good about where this team is. 

The only thing I was trying to say - along with some others, is that I personally would've liked to have seen Horvat signed earlier. Three quarters of the way through last season I was thinking bridge deal. Now, I imagine they're trying to lock Horvat up long-term - which, naturally, takes a little longer.
Either way I'm happy!...not negative. The team's not a faiure. I'm not mad etc. etc. etc. 
Horvat's such a big piece of the equation in my mind that I wanted it to get done early.
Wishful thinking? Yeah! Problem? No. 

Simply an opinion expressed. 

We good?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

1) I'm confident that Horvat will be around for a long time. No noose here!

2) He could've been re-upped before the beginning of free-agency as a pending RFA. So not exactly "day one of potential signing date."

3) As I've said, I get that this is totally normal. 

4) I'm happy to let this play out over the coming weeks.

5) Never said the Canuck org is a failure, nor do I think that. 

6) The purpose of these boards is to allow for a variety of opinions to be expressed. Saying I wish something went another way isn't finding fault, it's expressing an opinion. 

7) As I've said, not glum - felling good about where this team is. 

The only thing I was trying to say - along with some others, is that I personally would've liked to have seen Horvat signed earlier. Three quarters of the way through last season I was thinking bridge deal. Now, I imagine they're trying to lock Horvat up long-term - which, naturally, takes a little longer.
Either way I'm happy!...not negative. The team's not a faiure. I'm not mad etc. etc. etc. 
Horvat's such a big piece of the equation in my mind that I wanted it to get done early.
Wishful thinking? Yeah! Problem? No. 

Simply an opinion expressed. 

We good?

110%.   Just lumped you in with some who think sky is falling.   I have never understood the concept of being a fan but looking for fault/blame in every decision.   Opinion are different, if you have an opinion Canucks could have signed him earlier that option is clearly not shared by one of, or both, the team or the player (Agent).   Doesn't mean any of the three opinions are wrong - that is all I have ever said.  In such a situation, with the three opinions, it seems bulk of people go straight to "management failure"....agree you don't....but I don't get that at all.   How can management  change an agent's mind if the agent wants to wait out a bunch of other signings to get a gauge on market?   

Anyway, I can be good with anyone.  I really am just here to be entertained and waste some time - both are happening.   I just see such an excess of blame for things that are essentially hockey realities that make me shake my head - and you are not included therein and even if I did include you, if you care about my opinion you need a life!   Cheers.

PS - tried to REP you but used my 24 giving all those posting video etc. and I guess I ran out...next time, just wanted you to know it was a great post.

Edited by Rob_Zepp
  • Upvote 2