Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Overwatch Thread.


Go-to character - Offense  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

 

New hero, Ana Amari coming soon. It seems she's the sniper/support that was speculated. From what I can tell, she has: Long range heal, a stun, and ult that provides a shield for a teammate. The vid didn't show her doing damage, though I'd like to see if she hits like a widow or more like a Mcree at range. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

 

New hero, Ana Amari coming soon. It seems she's the sniper/support that was speculated. From what I can tell, she has: Long range heal, a stun, and ult that provides a shield for a teammate. The vid didn't show her doing damage, though I'd like to see if she hits like a widow or more like a Mcree at range. 

Her page on the actual Overwatch site shows her killing a reaper in four shots, so she is very clearly meant for support.  I believe she cannot do headshots but she also does not have to charge her scope like Widow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've played her a bit on the test server and she's quite fun. She definitely needs to be on a team that communicates well to be effective.

 

Her damage and healing are reasonable, but not great. Mobility is terrible, but utility is incredible. The sleep dart can take someone out of a fight for a ridiculous 5 seconds, the heal grenade can negate the healing of the opposing team, and her ultimate (50% damage and HP, and 30% speed increase to a friendly) is a game changer. 

 

Very high skill character. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

I've played her a bit on the test server and she's quite fun. She definitely needs to be on a team that communicates well to be effective.

 

Her damage and healing are reasonable, but not great. Mobility is terrible, but utility is incredible. The sleep dart can take someone out of a fight for a ridiculous 5 seconds, the heal grenade can negate the healing of the opposing team, and her ultimate (50% damage and HP, and 30% speed increase to a friendly) is a game changer. 

 

Very high skill character. 

I saw someone say that if you scope there is no time delay when you shoot, but if you hip-fire then it's almost like Hanzo's arrows. Is that true?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tigs said:

I saw someone say that if you scope there is no time delay when you shoot, but if you hip-fire then it's almost like Hanzo's arrows. Is that true?

Yup. Scope is hit-scan and fire from hip is projectile. It's more like Mei's icicle than Hanzo's arrow though. Shorter delay too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i just lost a ranked game 3-3 then overtime.

 

we defended for about 6 minutes before losing our 3, then we won the round in about 80 seconds. not sure why we weren't winners by time default there.

 

instead, it goes to some bizarre coin toss system--or a system that benefits the worse team--and let them attack in an OT round. they have to cap ONE point to get the win? absurd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

i just lost a ranked game 3-3 then overtime.

 

we defended for about 6 minutes before losing our 3, then we won the round in about 80 seconds. not sure why we weren't winners by time default there.

 

instead, it goes to some bizarre coin toss system--or a system that benefits the worse team--and let them attack in an OT round. they have to cap ONE point to get the win? absurd

 

They're getting rid of that soon. It'll end in a tie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Incursio said:

They're getting rid of that soon. It'll end in a tie

Thank God. Nothing pisses me off more then playing well only for it to go to overtime for endless amounts of time and then somehow they pull out a win.

 

If anyone is playing around the 53-56 mark hmu, I only solo queue so I haven't gone far. Play Mercy, Lucio, Roadhog, Pharah, and Soldier mostly. Occasionally toons like Genji, Torb, and Symmetra come out as well.

 

(PC, sorry Incursio)

 

Edit: Also, did they release Ana today? I had almost a 2 GB pre-patch last night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tigs said:

Thank God. Nothing pisses me off more then playing well only for it to go to overtime for endless amounts of time and then somehow they pull out a win.

 

If anyone is playing around the 53-56 mark hmu, I only solo queue so I haven't gone far. Play Mercy, Lucio, Roadhog, Pharah, and Soldier mostly. Occasionally toons like Genji, Torb, and Symmetra come out as well.

 

(PC, sorry Incursio)

 

Edit: Also, did they release Ana today? I had almost a 2 GB pre-patch last night.

I think we have to wait until season two for OT to be removed though - http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-rep-confirms-no-more-overwatch-sudden-death-plays-in-season-two/

 

It seems insanely difficult to level well without a team of friends. My highest rank is 61, but I've dropped to 59 with a win rate of around 50%. At the risk of sounding full of myself, I know my friends and I are better than that. It's a crap shoot when it comes to the other half of the team being decent or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I think we have to wait until season two for OT to be removed though - http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-rep-confirms-no-more-overwatch-sudden-death-plays-in-season-two/

 

It seems insanely difficult to level well without a team of friends. My highest rank is 61, but I've dropped to 59 with a win rate of around 50%. At the risk of sounding full of myself, I know my friends and I are better than that. It's a crap shoot when it comes to the other half of the team being decent or not.

My main problem is that most of the people I play this game with are real life friends, and quite frankly maybe 2 of the 8-12 people I know are actually good at it.

 

I agree though when you say you basically need a group to level. It doesn't even have to be a full group, but I'd say 4-5 is needed. That way you can combo your ults and at least go in as a group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tigs said:

My main problem is that most of the people I play this game with are real life friends, and quite frankly maybe 2 of the 8-12 people I know are actually good at it.

 

I agree though when you say you basically need a group to level. It doesn't even have to be a full group, but I'd say 4-5 is needed. That way you can combo your ults and at least go in as a group.

I can't tell you how often I see the other half of our team run in one at a time and get taken out. Then everyone starts spawning at different times and the process repeats itself over and over >.<

 

Or people playing as Widow and Hanzo when we need to push for the last point...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I can't tell you how often I see the other half of our team run in one at a time and get taken out. Then everyone starts spawning at different times and the process repeats itself over and over >.<

 

Or people playing as Widow and Hanzo when we need to push for the last point...

This is very frustrating.


Another thing that sucks is when you're playing Mercy and you can tell your team is doing $&!# damage, but if you stop healing to do damage they're gonna bitch at you and call it your fault that you lost :S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...