The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Torey Krug

One player that I would like to see the Canucks go after would be Torey Krug.  I know that he is undersized at 5.9, but he is a consistent .5 ppg dman who does play bigger than his stature.  Currently he is an RFA who just made $3.4mill last year.  Realistically, he is probably the only top 20 point dman that we could hope to acquire, without paying a ridiculous cost.   Boston is in need of forward depth, and Dmen.  

Van Trades: Sbisa, Hansen

Bos Trades: Krug, 3rd or 4th rnd pick

Van frees up an extra 2 mill to go after Lucic or Ladd, Bos signs Yandle to Replace Krug.

1 minute ago, ken kaniff said:

Can't see either team doing that trade. Rather just wait for Subban. He's a similar player. 

I get that we have similar players in Stecher and Subban, but just because they have the same build, does not mean that they will produce the same way.  If Subban turns into a 40-50 point player with decent defensive abilities, great, but he also may never play an NHL shift.  At this point, we don't have any real point producing defensemen on our roster for this year or next.  If we want one, we will have to trade for one, or sign a UFA.  Waiting for a 5th round pick or College FA is far from a sure thing. 

Archived