The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN's assessment. Agree or Disagree?

HC20.0

25 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Wholeheartedly disagree with the 'plenty of amazing players' obviously, but I do agree with the selection process being improved which means a better quality of prospect pool, which is exactly why I think what I think.

Think about it, when was the last time the Canucks had THREE rookies make the team out of the camp, without two of them being named Sedin?

Hold on, I don't know if we're talking about the same thing lol.

Are we talking about the number of players available to be drafted between 1993-2013?  Or are we talking about the players the Canucks actually drafted at that time?

I may have misinterpreted what you were talking about.  What I'm saying is that it's not the players eligible to be drafted has really improved all that much, but the players that the Canucks are actually drafting are a lot better than the mediocre picks we've had previously.  Are we actually agreeing here? lol.

Classic Eastern media doing their job to tear apart the Canucks by promoting schoolyard stories about owners and management and dragging the crap through the public's eyes.  There's less to hate about the Canucks now that they're not at the top and we don't have Kesler and co (Burrows is even more mellow now).  So what to do next?  Hate the Canucks for their owners.  Ridiculous! 

Anyway, I think the Canucks are better than they were last year and the year before so the strategy so far seems decent.  Will it win us a cup?  Who knows but the Canucks have a long history of being horrible and they didn't win the cup that way neither!

On July 6, 2016 at 1:43 AM, wai_lai416 said:

i wouldn't say every team have a star player thats a late pick or undrafted.. well Canucks i don't recall having a "star" player that's a late pick or undrafted at least not the 25+ years i've watched the team.. 

Bure doesn't count.. we all know the situation involve with him

I'd say Tanev is a star, and he wasn't drafted. Top 3 defenceman on pretty much any team in the league IMO. Quietly goes about his business, very effectively. 

I guess it just depends on what you consider a "star". 

21 hours ago, snipes2539 said:

Hold on, I don't know if we're talking about the same thing lol.

Are we talking about the number of players available to be drafted between 1993-2013?  Or are we talking about the players the Canucks actually drafted at that time?

I may have misinterpreted what you were talking about.  What I'm saying is that it's not the players eligible to be drafted has really improved all that much, but the players that the Canucks are actually drafting are a lot better than the mediocre picks we've had previously.  Are we actually agreeing here? lol.

Yeah it sounds like we're saying the same thing in different ways. Quality over quantity basically.

Archived