The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could choose which one would it be?

Ronalds.Kenins41

Best Style of Play  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

In the Division we play the run and gun doesn't work. We need to be the defensive bangers and crashers to compete within the pacific.

Look at Chicago. They beat Boston, Anaheim and LA in the playoffs. Point is if you have enough speed you can overcome physical defensive teams. 

Like I said there is no better style; they are equally successful. Because there is no better style we should create the style that will be the most entertaining and make it properly. That way the owners don't have to worry about revenue and won't mind not making the playoffs. And we can rebuild properly instead of rushing it. In no way am saying we should tank but just do whatever it takes including trades and proper drafting to ensure the franchise is always in a healthy state. Cause based on our past history there only two things that sell in this market easily; a competitive team or a very entertaining up tempo team with a lot of speed. Why not try to build a team that has the potential to have both instead of one. That way the fans will stick even in the bad times, putting the team in a more healthier affair so they can always transact to the best of their ability and increase their chances of a cup. 

Other......

Hard to answer the question but I would like to see an adaptable well coached team capable of playing either style whereas the style can be adjusted based on the needs based on in-game management or over the course of a long playoff series.

Other I guess. In general, more skill. Not necessarily faster. Not necessarily individual talent. But consistent. AND WITH MORE THAN 1 OPTION. 

If you break the game down to minutes/seconds, this team has the players who can kill that time. The defensive bar is high. At one point VAN had Luongo/Schneider, Hamhuis/Edler/Salo/Bieksa, Kelser/Malhotra taking key defensive minutes. And they still had breakdowns..... 

If you break down the offensive side, VAN relies too heavily on the Sedins and Edler to score. How many friggin'  more times are they going to go with an injured top line player over a healthy one because they have to? 

But hey it's only been obvious since about 2006. I'm sure there's plenty of time left.

On 10/07/2016 at 11:02 AM, Bur14Kes17 said:

Chicago and Pittsburg play the game the way it's meant to be played. If I want to watch a 1-0 or 2-1 score line then I'll watch soccer. I would much rather win games 4-2 or 5-4

Counter argument, if you want to see that much scoring why don't you watch Basketball.

On 2016-07-10 at 10:55 AM, Rush17 said:

Mix of speed, size, and skill.  with smooth skating puck retrieval and a hard and determined relentless forecheck!

Like how I play in nhl 16 LOL.   

lol, do u play high pressure for your defence too?? that's what i do.

3 minutes ago, bubbaCHUCK said:

lol, do u play high pressure for your defence too?? that's what i do.

lol depends on my team.  If the D are hard too control I often just hold the line and crush ppl into the boards at the blueline lol.

Usually high pressure though!

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

lol depends on my team.  If the D are hard too control I often just hold the line and crush ppl into the boards at the blueline lol.

Usually high pressure though!

nice!!.. i play high pressure on every team. i hate it when theres nobody to pass to at the point. and for defence i just use collapse and try to switch  players as fast as i could so i dont give away breakaways lol.

4 hours ago, Ronalds.Kenins41 said:

Look at Chicago. They beat Boston, Anaheim and LA in the playoffs. Point is if you have enough speed you can overcome physical defensive teams. 

Like I said there is no better style; they are equally successful. Because there is no better style we should create the style that will be the most entertaining and make it properly. That way the owners don't have to worry about revenue and won't mind not making the playoffs. And we can rebuild properly instead of rushing it. In no way am saying we should tank but just do whatever it takes including trades and proper drafting to ensure the franchise is always in a healthy state. Cause based on our past history there only two things that sell in this market easily; a competitive team or a very entertaining up tempo team with a lot of speed. Why not try to build a team that has the potential to have both instead of one. That way the fans will stick even in the bad times, putting the team in a more healthier affair so they can always transact to the best of their ability and increase their chances of a cup. 

unless with speed you sacrifice durability (certain situations). Its pretty hard to win anything when your point getters aren't healthy (as was case last year).

7 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

unless with speed you sacrifice durability (certain situations). Its pretty hard to win anything when your point getters aren't healthy (as was case last year).

That's one situation. But another could be more speed and the same durability. It really depends on the player and luck. 

Archived