The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In less then 36 years, most of Richmond, YVR, some of Surrey, Langley will be under water. Middle East to become uninhabitable.

hsedin33

On 8/16/2016 at 1:11 AM, Art Vandelay said:

Was in Hawaii 4 years ago for school; went snorkelling and the coral was beautiful, and it went on forever. I came back this year for the same trip and at the same sport the Coral had literally turned all white(a lot of it had died too). It was shocking. Was a mind-blowing experience for me on climate change. 

Or at least I'm told its from ocean acidification. What else could do that?

Does anyone know if sea water rise will be like floods/flash floods, where it all comes at once...After it hits a certain point, it all comes?

It's a slow gradual process.

20 hours ago, clam linguine said:

Please don't tell me you think there is a better MSM source.  Unlike CNN, Fox doesn't manufacture the news, they just report it. Regardless, the fact I chose to post this particular interview doesn't change the story.  Many articles on this subject can be googled.

Don't they? This is a transcript from a Glenn Beck show that was published by Fox News. It concerns a trip by Obama to India in 2015 and was completely inaccurate:

GLENN BECK, HOST: I saw a story today where something is very, very wrong. And I don't know what it is yet, and the media is completely missing the real story. I can't tell you what the real story is yet, but there are too many unanswered questions.

The president's upcoming trip to India, and other points from there. Report came out that has made rounds on the Internet about the high cost of this trip. Some people say that it is up to $2 billion for 10 days. Is that true? I don't know!

The media is bickering back and forth about what the real cost is and how many ships will be there — 34 warships possibly. I don't know.

Two hundred million dollars a day while in India. I don't know.

The president has blocked off 800 hotel rooms. Do we still — do even know if he's travelling with 3,000 people? Do we know if that's true?

No one knows any of the details of this trip, the real cost of the trip. One thing we can say for certain is, it's going to be quite expensive

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Don't they? This is a transcript from a Glenn Beck show that was published by Fox News. It concerns a trip by Obama to India in 2015 and was completely inaccurate:

Yeah, Fox aren't angels, but they don't pretend to be. That's the big difference.

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ah.... So you're completely delusional.

I guess you didn't notice the ratings for Fox are more than double CNN's.  I guess you didn't notice how Podestas emails revealed CNN is nothing more than a branch of the DNC.  Try to pay attention.

15 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I guess you didn't notice the ratings for Fox are more than double CNN's.  I guess you didn't notice how Podestas emails revealed CNN is nothing more than a branch of the DNC.  Try to pay attention.

Ratings equal validity in your world. Hitler was extremely popular. Man of the year for Time. 

Your egregiously simplistic views are as ridiculous as your posts are nauseating. You're not even a good troll. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ratings equal validity in your world. Hitler was extremely popular. Man of the year for Time. 

Your egregiously simplistic views are as ridiculous as your posts are nauseating. You're not even a good troll. 

KISS. Better networks have higher ratings by most peoples metrics. CNN was proven to be the Clinton news network.  Don't blame me if you're uninformed. 

16 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

I'm feeling good.  I see you have a new avatar. Is that you on the ground?

Good. Happy for you. What do you think? Is that your idea of stirring the pot? Did you learn that while watching Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly?

Good for you. I'll mail you a gold star.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎08 at 2:41 AM, Johnny Shotgun said:

It's a slow gradual process.

Really? The bleaching event was a sudden event that occurred in 2015. Apparently the vast majority of the coral has recovered though. As the bleaching was not caused by the death of the coral, but the expulsion of algae.

The good news is that most of the coral has now recovered.

On 8/16/2016 at 2:01 AM, RRypien37 said:

Fukushima

No, Ocean Acidification.

High CO2 levels in the atmosphere leads to more CO2 being absorbed by the Ocean. The CO2 reacts with water to form carbonic acid, which in turn makes the ocean more acidic. It helps &^@# over coral reefs and dissolve calcium carbonate shells. 

17 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

No, Ocean Acidification.

High CO2 levels in the atmosphere leads to more CO2 being absorbed by the Ocean. The CO2 reacts with water to form carbonic acid, which in turn makes the ocean more acidic. It helps &^@# over coral reefs and dissolve calcium carbonate shells. 

It was actually temporarily higher than normal temperatures caused by the el nino cycle that caused the bleaching. If it was acidification, the corals wouldn't have gotten better. The warmer than usual water encourages the coral to push out the algae that provides them their colour.

This was, however, the worst ever recorded event, so global warming may have played a factor, making the el nino worse than previous el ninos. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, Jimayo said:

Common.  Sense.

Yes, it's totally feasible to build a wall along the coasts of every landmass.  Or are we just going back to walled cities everywhere that becomes below sea level?

How is either of those ideas remotely common sense?

Most low lying areas already have storm protection/dykes/walls. They will just need to be raised.

Sure it will cost a lot of money, but it's not the end of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

The beginning of scientists coming clean.  NOAA manipulated buoy temperature readings to match the inferior data collected by ships in order to promote global warming for Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/02/07/federal-scientist-cooked-climate-change-books-ahead-obama-presentation-whistle-blower-charges.html

9 hours ago, clam linguine said:

The beginning of scientists coming clean.  NOAA manipulated buoy temperature readings to match the inferior data collected by ships in order to promote global warming for Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/02/07/federal-scientist-cooked-climate-change-books-ahead-obama-presentation-whistle-blower-charges.html

Two things I love about that article right at the end. Saying trump has shown some skepticism about man made climate change. Umm, no. He said it waa a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

Second, Reporting for this article provided by the Fox News Investigative Unit and Brainroom

Second what the hell is brainroom lol.

14 hours ago, inane said:

Two things I love about that article right at the end. Saying trump has shown some skepticism about man made climate change. Umm, no. He said it waa a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

Second, Reporting for this article provided by the Fox News Investigative Unit and Brainroom

Second what the hell is brainroom lol.

Don't wait for CBC or CNN to report anything that interrupts their drool bucket Obama love.  Remember climategate?  This story is everywhere and not in doubt.  If you want to entertain yourself for a while ...read this

https://judithcurry.com/2017/02/04/climate-scientists-versus-climate-data/

Archived