The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

23 man roster...who needs to be protected ?

nickels

People are acting like LV is going to fill their entire roster with all of our unprotected players. Lol. They have a lot to chose from people. Don't lose sleep over it. 

I just think its absolutely ridiculous that the NHL is expanding in the 1st place. The Canadian cities with a few big market USA teams account for all of the revenue while teams like Florida and Arizona suck it up and do nothing but lose money. Now we gotta give up players too. Like why couldn't LV have taken one of these leaching franchises?! This annoys me. 

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

People are acting like LV is going to fill their entire roster with all of our unprotected players. Lol. They have a lot to chose from people. Don't lose sleep over it. 

I just think its absolutely ridiculous that the NHL is expanding in the 1st place. The Canadian cities with a few big market USA teams account for all of the revenue while teams like Florida and Arizona suck it up and do nothing but lose money. Now we gotta give up players too. Like why couldn't LV have taken one of these leaching franchises?! This annoys me. 

Is there anything that doesn't annoy you?  (kidding - there's plenty to be upset about) 

I agree that people fret too much about what we might lose and not enough over trying to win.  At most we're going to lose one player.  And yes that will be a player that we want to keep but we don't have any choice, it's the same for every team, and so we carry on.

Likewise LV is coming whether we like it or not.  May as well just live with it (and be happy that there might be some easy wins there).  GCG!

Is there anything that doesn't annoy you?  (kidding - there's plenty to be upset about) 

I agree that people fret too much about what we might lose and not enough over trying to win.  At most we're going to lose one player.  And yes that will be a player that we want to keep but we don't have any choice, it's the same for every team, and so we carry on.

Likewise LV is coming whether we like it or not.  May as well just live with it (and be happy that there might be some easy wins there).  GCG!

To be honest, a lot of the mock drafts come up with a pretty competitive team. If I was the oilers I'd fold then re-enter the league and start from scratch like LV. They'll probably make the playoffs sooner. 

11 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

To be honest, a lot of the mock drafts come up with a pretty competitive team. If I was the oilers I'd fold then re-enter the league and start from scratch like LV. They'll probably make the playoffs sooner. 

Oops, I misread your response, so I deleted most of this post.  GCG!

The NHL's biggest problem with revenue is that it isn't on enough TVs. It's great they're on CBS Sports in the states, the problem is that is largely a premium package for most cable subscribers.

As much as I don't like ESPN's hockey coverage over the last few years, the fact that they're a part of every basic cable package would be huge for hockey. ESPN wants in on this market, and that's why they're upping their hockey game. Being on ESPN is a good thing for the NHL, and it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Archived