The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nintendo Switch

Mimerez

2 hours ago, Nbanhl said:

been playing Some MK8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris, two great games that came out in the same Week, Puyo Puyo is cheaper on the eShop compared to the cartridge...in stores the game is $54.99 Canadian and on the eShop it's $39.99

Tetris is one of the biggest reasons that the original Nintendo Gameboy was such a big hit.  I remember that coming out when I was 15-16 and playing it for hours on end.  Then I discovered how fun the opposite sex could be and I sold off my Gameboy, Atari Lynx, Turbo Express with TV tuner, Turbografx-16 w/ CD-ROM player, Sega Genesis, and all of my games and have never bought a console since.  That was 27 years ago.  :lol:

Starting to excited for E3. Hoping that we see some big announcements. We need a Metroid revival, a new animal crossing, hell I would even kill for a smash or pokemon port at this point. There is alot of possibility behind this console after the overall disappointment of the WiiU. For the record, I loved the WiiU. 

Also, dear God nintendo please get EA on board for NHL. I can't keep playing ps3 forever...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Mimerez said:

Odyssey and Pokken DX are going to cost 100$ in Canada... That's 115$ (with tax) for a game.

The worst thing that console players can do is pay it.  These companies will feel emboldened to charge higher prices for every game released thereafter.

Also, your sales tax is %15?!  Wow!

1 hour ago, Mimerez said:

Odyssey and Pokken DX are going to cost 100$ in Canada... That's 115$ (with tax) for a game. 

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffe

That's hilarious. The exchange rate isn't even close to that bad.

Also, Pokken DX is just a remake of a Wii U game. A Wii U game that most people with a Wii U couldn't even be bothered to pick up. Myself included.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 9:59 PM, Mimerez said:

smash-computer-mad-at-the-internet-buffe

yup; they only are getting more expensive. $80 seems to be pretty common nowadays. Skyrim @ 60 I thought was outrageous but that was 6 years ago this Nov. 

8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The Zelda game looks cool but I'm not spending $400 on the console to play it lol I wish they'd make it for PS4 eventually 

That's what I did....I wanted to play Zelda that bad.

Although, it's not like I threw down $400 just to play Zelda. I invested in the future games I'd be playing, like Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime, etc etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my friends have turned the Mario Kart and Switch into a drinking game. Loser drinks 3 beers. Best thing about it is that I can take it our anywhere anytime 4 players. (extra joysticks)

Edited by smokes

11 hours ago, smokes said:

Me and my friends have turned the Mario Kart and Switch into a drinking game. Loser drinks 3 beers. Best thing about it is that I can take it our anywhere anytime 4 players. (extra joysticks)

Pound the beers right in a row or sip at them like wimps?

On 21/07/2017 at 2:12 AM, smokes said:

Sounds fun, but you missed the chance to play Beer Kart. It's a more intense/interactive version of a drinking game.

12 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Sounds fun, but you missed the chance to play Beer Kart. It's a more intense/interactive version of a drinking game.

Hey that's not a bad Idea, chug a drink within a lap. 

On 24/07/2017 at 2:56 AM, smokes said:

Hey that's not a bad Idea, chug a drink within a lap. 

Better pacing would be within a race rather than a lap, though. Makes the game last a bit longer, lol. But yeah, basic rule is you have to finish the drink before the finish line, or you DNF. And you have to be stopped while drinking.

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Better pacing would be within a race rather than a lap, though. Makes the game last a bit longer, lol. But yeah, basic rule is you have to finish the drink before the finish line, or you DNF. And you have to be stopped while drinking.

Who plays video games to not drink and drive?

• 4 months later...

Bought a Switch over the weekend, but won't have it in my hands until the end of the week.

I bought Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, and Mario Odyssey for it.

I'm interested in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but on top of the games I'm getting for Switch, I still have to beat Zelda Breath of The Wild on the Wii U, as well as the Xenoblade game on that console (Xenoblade Chronicles X). I'm a little disappointed at how formulaic it looks, but I'm sure it'll be great.

I want Skyrim, but the $80 selling point makes for a hard no. Too old a game for that price. Playing it on the go is nice, but no.

Edited by g_bassi13