The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Only problems I had with that game from Willie is the fact we played Larsen and not Tryamkin against the Kings of all teams. And the ice time, particularly with Jake. Burrows in the shootout wasn't as bad as the other two decisions.

I agree with splitting up Eriksson from the Sedins. He played Baerstchi with them. Not sure who else you could put since you don't really want to split up 2nd line.

I am more happy that we came back than I am mad at Willie. I think Willie will play Tryamkin tomorrow otherwise he hasn't learn anything from today and then I would be real angry.

Tryamkin looked pretty awful in preseason if you ask me. We've been winning with the Sbisa/Larsen pairing so why mess with a winning streak? I understand the philosophy for sure. Had we lost the game before he likely would've drawn in. 

Virtanen has something wrong with his shoulder for sure. It's definitely not 100% yet.  I said at the beginning of the year that a conditioning stint at the least in the A would've good for him. Then Rodin got hurt and that was that. 

Burrows is like 42.9% in the shootouts so that was hardly a stupid call to put him in that lineup. It's too bad he flubbed it. 

Eriksson needs to return to the Sedin line and let them try and work it out. If that continues to not work after another few games, move Hansen back up IMO. I'm loathe to be break that line up but we need our top swedes to get going. 

Archived