The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

I have a feeling Virt is still hurt and should sit or be sent down for conditioning. Love the kid but I don't think we're doing him any favours putting him in pressure packed situations.

Sit Larsen and let him watch from upstairs tomorrow to gain perspective. Let Try get in a game. 

We still need to get Baer and Ericksson jump started. 

We need push back badly (the face shove by Carter) so I'd get Labate or Skille in for Burr. Meaner and better hitters. We have lots of pk'ers.

38 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'm not so sure. It seems to me like Willie's decisions are getting stranger all the time. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Skille in for Jake tomorrow and Bo back on the 4th line, and the twins without Loui again. 

I think Burrows deserved 2 shootout chances based on past performance.

Skille should be in for Jake and Jake should be in Utica. But with the injury to Dorsett I think we might see them both play tomorrow. 

I also thought it was clear that Eriksson wouldn't be playing with the Sedins after the game against Buffalo because that line couldn't get anything going. However, having seen Baertschi with them for a game and knowing how good Granlund-Sutter-Hansen is playing, I think we will see Eriksson back on the 1st line tomorrow.

The 3rd line will likely be: 

Beartschi-Horvat-Virt.  

4th:

Burrows-Gaunce-Skille

11 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I think Burrows deserved 2 shootout chances based on past performance.

Skille should be in for Jake and Jake should be in Utica. But with the injury to Dorsett I think we might see them both play tomorrow. 

I also thought it was clear that Eriksson wouldn't be playing with the Sedins after the game against Buffalo because that line couldn't get anything going. However, having seen Baertschi with them for a game and knowing how good Granlund-Sutter-Hansen is playing, I think we will see Eriksson back on the 1st line tomorrow.

The 3rd line will likely be: 

Beartschi-Horvat-Virt.  

4th:

Burrows-Gaunce-Skille

Ya, Willie would be crazy to split up Granlund, Sutter, and Hansen as long as their contributing at both ends of the rink. This matchup line has been doing it all for us every game so far.

He should keep the Sedins with Eriksson (they'll eventually get going) and Baertschi with Horvat. Once Rodin gets back in hopefully he'll play RW alongside Baertschi and Horvat and they start scoring against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines.

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The first and third goals could have easily been eliminated too. 

Larsen and Markstrom got caught out of position on the first one, and the third one was just a matter of grabbing the rebound and holding it.

We definitely weren't outmatched by the Kings in the slightest. Just need a better start next time, and a couple luckier bounces.

Agree completely. We're seeing what we're made of early. Love the patience and no quit. 

Virtanen needs to go learn the game from Travis Green..... when is Rodin back? Need his speed and skill to help jumpstart Ericsson Baertschi and Horvat play better with actual skill on their line.

The Canucks would be better off if they could get rid of Burrows to upgrade team speed with  Labate.

Skille can do what Dorsett does.

Aaaaaahhh that elusive 5 - 0 start ....and they would have gotten it if it wasn't for the below average power play and giving up a shorty to boot...what makes it worse is losing to a has been goalie like Budai.....sheesh...

They should be happy about a point...another tough opponent in the Ducks on Sunday...

Go Canucks Go....

Gotta say this is the most excited I've been about Canucks games for a long time. I'm always excited and the play itself isn't super exciting, but how calm and structured our Canucks have been even when down 3-0 twice it's just impressive. No way we could have made a comeback last year in a similar situation. Larsen is looking good on the PP with the twins. Something just feels good about this team.

Great effort to get that extra point tonight, but it was a bit of a head-scratcher to put Burrows and Baertschi out there in a key situation like that. Both have been playing okay, but now shown much in terms of scoring touch yet. Second guessing is pointless, but we should have gone with hotter players in my mind.

Markström again was good in my mind and looks like he's ready to take over. Miller course brilliant in his game, but Marky has been solid too.

I hope we get to see Big Nick #88 in the lineup soon.

Last season, and probably more, I had a hard time believing that the Canucks would come back in any game when they were down 2-0, never mind 3-0. This season we've already come back from 3-0 twice, and battled back from 1-0 the other times. Then one win we actually scored first and held our lead.

This season's team has been awesome so far, with much more battle and heart.

I missed all but the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and O.T. and 3 things came to mind.

1. The Sedins should not be on the ice at the same time in overtime unless it's a powerplay

2. Hansen should not be on the ice in overtime unless killing a penalty.

3. Not only a few questionable choices in the shootout but too predictable moves. 

That said, still very happy coming back and getting at least a point in a tough place to get points.

Obviously the first Canucks game Kelly Hrudy watched this year . He was completely shocked that Nick Kiprios thought the Canucks were remotely capable of making a 3 goal comeback , and asked him twice what he sees in " that team" . Total disbelief, than again he is a Flames fan.

Archived