The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I don't think anyone is sold on him. But many fans are just trying to be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt since last season's failure was not his fault (injuries etc).

Willie's job is by no means in danger. There's just a group of posters on here that put every decision he makes under a microscope. But the bottom line is our team defense has improved massively so far this year and we've got 9 out of 10 points. Willie deserves some praise for that. 

16 hours ago, Stormriders said:

2 shifts in the final 21 minutes, really.  Even less sense when you realize that Dorsett was out of the game so we were already down a forward.

I was very disappointed in Jake's effort.  After sitting out for two games, I thought he would come back and make a statement.  He did, just not the right one.

Jake needs to be in Utica. Let him grow into his role.  His confidence is down, he looks wide eyed and needs time in the AHL so Green can develop him. 

Hope he gets sent down when Rodin comes back, IMO he should have been already. 

This is is not a slight against Jake, but what most, if not all young players need to become good NHLers. 

EW

15 minutes ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

With him along for the ride it reallllllllyyy seems like the systems have improved tenfold. Man oh man what a difference this man has provided.

maybe is losing that guy now in Calgary. Addition by subtraction.

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

you still trying to maintain that the Canucks are a trap team?

Give it a rest.

you just don't know what you're talking about.

I never said that, I said they were playing an effective defensive trap style at times and you started dumping bricks and talking forecheck. I even sent you a video . Read the paper today, Jarvis talked about sending two forwards back to the neutral zone for that style of play. 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Jarvis seems to be the difference between this season and last season, as far as systems go. As for OT and shootout choices, there still seems to be a learning curve for him. 

I don't think anyone is complaining too hard, just minor critiques. I'll take this brand of hockey over last seasons any day though.

Totally agree. Jarvis's fingerprints are noticeable. We're lucky to have him. Confident we'll figure out the OT/SO. We wouldn't have came back last year. 

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What about Virtanen? 100% in shootouts last season. ;)

That's what I'm saying.

Why not try guys like Virtanen, Granlund, and Horvat? Is he afraid they'll cave under the pressure because I don't get that sense.

These young guys now have so much more practice in the shootout. Their moves are much more creative.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That's what I'm saying.

Why not try guys like Virtanen, Granlund, and Horvat? Is he afraid they'll cave under the pressure because I don't get that sense.

These young guys now have so much more practice in the shootout. Their moves are much more creative.

he already added Sutter to the SO.  this is only the second SO. I suspect the next SO they will get a different mix. I would like to see Bo too.

26 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

All that did though was give us 2 lines with no chemistry. It wasted another hard working night from Bo as well. The Sedins-Loui line should be left alone to find its rhythm, they are by far the best scoring line we have for gods sake!

The problem isn't who they put with the Sedins right now, it's the Sedins themselves.  They need to get their act together if they can.  They have been mostly invisible in the first five games with the exception of a few good shifts/moments, usually when they are given preferential O-zone starts and PP time.  Tonight they were -2.  They look like they have lost another step and are struggling to keep up with the game.  They are too slow to play the fast forecheck style the team is playing this year and are struggling mightily in their own end.

The game is getting younger and faster and they are heading in the opposite direction.  Still smart and talented but they look like they no longer have the ability to stay with the pace 5v5.

4 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Question - not saying Jarvis hasn't had a positive effect, but I'm just curious why the systematic changes are automatically credited to him? Maybe WD has just as much of a hand in that, no?

exactly. Or maybe it was Glenn's fault. Calgary is sucking so bad now.

Archived