The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[South Korea] President Park impeached Dec. 9 following six weeks of mass protest

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

About 30 days, news broke out on this story, and over two weeks simmering protests turned into full-on demonstrations.

Fast forward to today, and the night life in Seoul has slowed to a stand-still.  Probably about a million people participated yesterday.  It has completely taken over the nation and it is a complicated, complicated story.  I implore anyone here to watch the second video to get a sense of what is actually going on there.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Ooooooh so it was being run like the western countries have been for the last 100 years (minus Kennedy)

Literally like Rasputin.  Leader of a mystical cult who could call upon the spirit of her dead father.  I don't think you can say that about America.  Or do you believe in the Illuminati?????

22 minutes ago, Dral said:

The level of corruption she's accused of makes me think South Koreans are INCREDIBLY spoiled... I mean, yes, it was definitely 'corruption'... but my gawd... even Canadian politicians are worse, never mind American...

Did you watch the video interviewing the young people?  To put it simply, nobody who has a grasp of what's going on would agree with you.  At all.

26 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Literally like Rasputin.  Leader of a mystical cult who could call upon the spirit of her dead father.  I don't think you can say that about America.  Or do you believe in the Illuminati?????

Time to lay off on the peyote

6 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I believe that the rich can control the world in a place where 99.9% of people have a price.

15 hours ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Kennedy was the son of a bootlegger.  A Howard Hughes wanna be.

But at least with the kennedys, people knew about his dirty side. He wasn't an oil tycoon or didn't have a long lineage of being wealthy thanks to the slave trade. The kennedys at least only ran liquor, unlike a certain president that was allegedly involved in heroin smuggling out of Vietnam. 

On 12/9/2016 at 7:51 AM, Dral said:

The level of corruption she's accused of makes me think South Koreans are INCREDIBLY spoiled... I mean, yes, it was definitely 'corruption'... but my gawd... even Canadian politicians are worse, never mind American...

Spoiled? Sounds like you've accepted and are viewing it as normal now. Not good. 

Archived