The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Hoffman suspended 2 games

3 hours ago, gurn said:

The league has messed this one up imo. Couture could have ended up in a wheelchair. If I was him I'd be thinking of going to the cops and pressing assault charges. Shame the league into doing a good job.

Sorry don't mean to be rude, but how exactly? 

Guys get crosschecked with more force than that in the playoffs (well not in the head) without a penalty even being called

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎16 at 7:24 PM, 'NucK™ said:

Sorry don't mean to be rude, but how exactly? 

Guys get crosschecked with more force than that in the playoffs (well not in the head) without a penalty even being called

As you said- not in the head or more to the point, the back of the head narrowly missing some very important bones in the spine. Damage to the cervical bones is bad news.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

As you said- not in the head or more to the point, the back of the head narrowly missing some very important bones in the spine. Damage to the cervical bones is bad news.

a crosscheck attempt at the shoulder riding up like that would never hit the exposed part of the neck tho. can still be a serious concussion though. i think all suspension should be longer than they are in this league 

Archived