The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HNT

panelguy

I wish Hockey Night In Canada was a little more professional and acted like a true national broadcast. You never see a national broadcast with the NFL or MLB showing the bias that Hockey Night In Canada shows to the Leafs, I know all about the money from Toronto but if the Leafs can be at home or at least playing every Saturday night , why can't all the Canadian teams have the same treatment and be aired.We hear HNC being called Hockey Night In Toronto because of the bias from Leaf broadcasts right through the commentators. I can't stand the Leafs and took great delight seeing them lose and now it's spread to the Jays and Raptors and no I'm not at all envious about anything to do with Toronto.No matter how far the Leafs go , THE LEAFS SUCK!

its because all the media is based out east and also mst of the population of Canada. they like to hear negativity about the west because the west is now what drives Canada and the east is jealous of it. they especially like to $&!# on Vancouver because we have become regarded internationally as Canada's number 1 city and they cant take it. Also it appeals to Alberta as they have a massive inferiority complex when it come to B.C. and especially Vancouver. All that leads to the media $&!#ting on us because it gets them viewers.

The Leafs are the sacred cow of HNIC

Don't expect any changes any time soon. 

All that attention has pros and cons; mostly pros for the fans and cons for the players. I get where you're coming from but I don't mind it. I just wish there were a couple more metroplitan cities in BC and central Canada to even the odds a bit. 

Archived