The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL website actually has a Canucks story

NorthernTorch

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Not joking. You are out of your mind if you think he was a bad GM. Conference Finals 3 times, Stanley Cup Finals once, no cup but honestly how many times have the Canucks made it to the Conference Finals in the past 15 years?

Give Mike Millbury a Hasek in his prime and he would do an equally great job.

Not joking. You are out of your mind if you think he was a bad GM. Conference Finals 3 times, Stanley Cup Finals once, no cup but honestly how many times have the Canucks made it to the Conference Finals in the past 15 years?

Plus we all know that Brett Hull goal was bull.

The 1999 Stanley Cup final team was put together by Muckler, not Regier.

Darcy lucked into his second conference playoff team in '05.  If you remember, the exact same team was mediocre pre-rules overhaul.  Once the clutching and grabbing was taken out of the game, the speedy skilled small character guys like Briere that were on the Sabres were able to then shine.

He dismantled that team within the span of a day when he mishandled and lost Drury and Briere.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

The 1999 Stanley Cup final team was put together by Muckler, not Regier.

Darcy lucked into his second conference playoff team in '05.  If you remember, the exact same team was mediocre pre-rules overhaul.  Once the clutching and grabbing was taken out of the game, the speedy skilled small character guys like Briere that were on the Sabres were able to then shine.

He dismantled that team within the span of a day when he mishandled and lost Drury and Briere.

Right, because making 3 conference finals and 1 stanley cup appearance was luck. Give your head a shake and go have a bubble bath with your rubber ducky.

11 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He also had to GM Buffalo through a bunch of tight wad owners for most of his tenure.

Just now saw your edit.

He did better with the tightwad (Galisano) than he did with the open checkbook (Pegula).  That in itself is just weird.

10 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Right, because making 3 conference finals and 1 stanley cup appearance was luck. Give your head a shake and go have a bubble bath with your rubber ducky.

I'm not the only person who has said this.

1.  He rode another GM's team to the Conference finals TWICE.  Then he through his incompetence dismantled said team.

2.  That leaves him with the '05-'06 team.  That exact same team was mediocre until the massive rule changes post-lockout.  The NHL changes is what made that third team successful.

I have followed the Sabres closely since 1980 and I remember all of those 3 teams very very well.

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not the only person who has said this.

1.  He rode another GM's team to the Conference finals TWICE.  Then he through his incompetence dismantled said team.

2.  That leaves him with the '05-'06 team.  That exact same team was mediocre until the massive rule changes post-lockout.  The NHL changes is what made that third yteam successful.

I have followed the Sabres closely since 1980 and I remember all of those 3 teams very very well.

Right, and Mike Gillis didn't get the Canucks to the finals, Dave Nonis did...

So-Stupid.gif

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

It's funny because a lot of people consider a future 1C to be the last piece the team needs to add to the 'rebuild'.

I think he may have been the first, when Gillis shifted towards the future on the draft floor in 2013.

That was a huge day!  Remember being absolutely shcocked when it went down..  My shock only lasted so long and was replaced with elation when Bo was named our 9th overall pick.  I had been following him in the couple years previous and couldn't have been happier.  As somebody that's been a Bo liever since the kid was like 15/16. I couldn't be happier for him! 

Right, and Mike Gillis didn't get the Canucks to the finals, Dave Nonis did...

I am far far from alone in my opinion.  The large majority of fans and media in Buffalo believe the same thing.

Also, now that I'm thinking back to those years, I believe the Sabres were in the conference finals four times 98,99,06,07.  I'd have to Google it to double check.

4 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

That was a huge day!  Remember being absolutely shcocked when it went down..  My shock only lasted so long and was replaced with elation when Bo was named our 9th overall pick.  I had been following him in the couple years previous and couldn't have been happier.  As somebody that's been a Bo liever since the kid was like 15/16. I couldn't be happier for him! 

Do not paint Bo with the same brush as Bieber. :picard::lol:

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I am far far from alone in my opinion.  The large majority of fans and media in Buffalo believe the same thing.

Also, now that I'm thinking back to those years, I believe the Sabres were in the conference finals four times 98,99,06,07.  I'd have to Google it to double check.

Go ahead, continue to hate on the only GM that ever brought success to your franchise.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

15 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Had Benning picked Tkachuk instead of Juolevi, there would've been 2 articles.  Then again Willie probably would've benched Tkachuk or kept him on the 4th line.

Seems to me Willie did a pretty good job of developing Bo.  But you guys continue with your unoriginal none sense. It's like that guy who STILL runs around going.... WASSSUUUUUP. Dude it's old and you only make yourself look silly ;) 

Archived