The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A silly game (discussion)

Now before I start......remember I am a "tanker" and I love draft picks! This is only for fun, if you are game!

So imagine trading players and assets for more proven players..............Jim Benning circa 2017............at the 2017 draft

Assets: Demko, Juolevi, Broeser, 2017-1st, 2018-1st, 2017-2nd, 2017-2nd, 2018-2nd, Gaudette, Virtanen, Brisebois

Dank - Hank - Erikkson                                                                 Landeskog - Horvat - Sutter                                       - 9.00 million

Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter                                                          J.Vanriemdyk - Schenn - Broeser                               + 2.50 million

Burrows - Grandlund - Hansen                                                           Dank - Hank - Hansen                                           + 6.50 million

Gaunce - Chaput - Dorsett                                                             Gaunce - Chaput - Burrows ( new 2.5 M )                       even

Edler - Stecher                                                                                          Fowler - Stecher                                              + 2.00 million

Tryamkin - Tanev                                                                                       Hutton - Tanev                                                       even

Hutton - Gunbranson                                                                               Juolevi - Tryamkin                                            - 2.50 million

Sbisa (Gone at entry draft)

Markstrom                                                                                                       Markstrom                                                        even

Miller                                                                                                                 Demko                                                      - 5.00 million                        

+5.50 Cap Savings                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    + 2.00 million   Cap 

+  2.50 million    New Cap est.

+ 10.00 million   Total Cap Space

#1. Trade             Cam Fowler for Edler at 50% + 2017 - 2nd (Van) + Gaudette                                                                                                             

#2. Trade             Landeskog for Baertschi + 2018 - 1st + Brisebois                                                                                                                               

#3. Trade             Brade Schenn for 2017 -1st + Granlund

#4. Trade             J. VanRiemsdyk for Erikkson 50% + Gunbranson + Virtanen

So this is just for giggles, and I get it if you don't want to play............Offense is stronger, Defense is stronger, Goal is weaker

But all and all..............it would be a fun team to watch.............and I really do get we have to develop our prospects.....and I am snowed in!

For fun...right! ......all right flame away!

Wow that JVR trade I have no words. I think most people who read this section play this game of "yours" but when we do or at least I do. I don't retain millions in cap for 5.5 years you really are team tank like tank forever you have 5.5mill retained for the next 2 seasons and another 3 retained for 3 more after that. How many playoff teams spend that amount of dough on absolutely nothing. You guarantee we tank for the next 5 seasons here. I don't have the patience for that. 

The very point of trading younger players for more ready ones is to speed up the rebuild. 

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Wow that JVR trade I have no words. I think most people who read this section play this game of "yours" but when we do or at least I do. I don't retain millions in cap for 5.5 years you really are team tank like tank forever you have 5.5mill retained for the next 2 seasons and another 3 retained for 3 more after that. How many playoff teams spend that amount of dough on absolutely nothing. You guarantee we tank for the next 5 seasons here. I don't have the patience for that. 

The very point of trading younger players for more ready ones is to speed up the rebuild. 

You might have a good point there Hammer!

But I really hate Erikkson.......really hate him........such a waste........such a waste.............beyond words!

As for Edler.........yeah, we could maybe reduce that, but I am open to suggestions......I just thought Fowler was young enough, talented enough and offensive enough for us

The fact that we would be shedding the Sedin's cap 1 year later, I think allows for more cap retention......but yes, I see your point

I think the team, would be amazing to watch grow

19 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Now before I start......remember I am a "tanker" and I love draft picks! This is only for fun, if you are game!

So imagine trading players and assets for more proven players..............Jim Benning circa 2017............at the 2017 draft

Assets: Demko, Juolevi, Broeser, 2017-1st, 2018-1st, 2017-2nd, 2017-2nd, 2018-2nd, Gaudette, Virtanen, Brisebois

Dank - Hank - Erikkson                                                                 Landeskog - Horvat - Sutter                                       - 9.00 million

Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter                                                          J.Vanriemdyk - Schenn - Broeser                               + 2.50 million

Burrows - Grandlund - Hansen                                                           Dank - Hank - Hansen                                           + 6.50 million

Gaunce - Chaput - Dorsett                                                             Gaunce - Chaput - Burrows ( new 2.5 M )                       even

Edler - Stecher                                                                                          Fowler - Stecher                                              + 2.00 million

Tryamkin - Tanev                                                                                       Hutton - Tanev                                                       even

Hutton - Gunbranson                                                                               Juolevi - Tryamkin                                            - 2.50 million

Markstrom                                                                                                       Markstrom                                                        even

Miller                                                                                                                 Demko                                                      - 5.00 million                        

+5.50 Cap Savings                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    + 2.00 million   Cap 

So this is just for giggles, and I get it if you don't want to play............Offense is stronger, Defense is stronger, Goal is weaker

But all and all..............it would be a fun team to watch.............and I really do get we have to develop our prospects.....and I am snowed in!

If u love draft picks why are u getting rid of them and our 2018 draft picks too! 2018 draft is gonna be stacked!!!!!!! Never trade those and never trade any. Ur valuation is off but all together good read

19 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

No way josé

1 hour ago, orcasgonewild said:

If u love draft picks why are u getting rid of them and our 2018 draft picks too! 2018 draft is gonna be stacked!!!!!!! Never trade those and never trade any. Ur valuation is off but all together good read

I wouldn't  really do this.....I was bored and hoping to start something........didn't Work!  Jose was Tired! 

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

But I really hate Erikkson.......really hate him........such a waste........such a waste.............beyond words!

As for Edler.........yeah, we could maybe reduce that, but I am open to suggestions......I just thought Fowler was young enough, talented enough and offensive enough for us

The fact that we would be shedding the Sedin's cap 1 year later, I think allows for more cap retention......but yes, I see your point

Let me put it to you like this Jan not to beat you up on this just to maybe give your head a lil shake. Would you trade Eriksson straight up For JVR if his cap hit were 7.25m if you tack on Erikssons cap retention with an additional 6m to still be paid even after JVR goes UFA? Because that is essentially what your offering not to mention your throwing in Gud and Virtanen on top of that. Then you throw Edler + a 2nd + Gaudette who I think is an absolute beauty for a 6.5m Fowler with an additional 2.5 mill to still be paid out after Fowler goes UFA. That is one hell of a cap handicap. 

Like it of not were stuck w Eriksson so lets just hope he can regain his groove. He is being utilized on our 3rd line for the most part he's a bit out of his element there not to mention adapting to a new team. I agree the signing wasn't ideal would you have preferred Lucic?? I would argue that was a far worse deal. Pretty glad we lost those sweepstakes. 

Ill throw my own proposal because I hate to shred somone else without exposing myself to the same scrutiny. Here goes... Though it's been beaten to death but say were pushing for a playoff spot at the deadline or even if were not. 

To Avs-Granlund Sbisa 1st

To Van- Duchene + Pick not sure high 3rd/4th? 

To Pitts- Hansen + 4th

To Van- Pouliot

To Nash- Subban + 7th

To Van- Mcleod + 3rd

Sedinz Duchene

Bae Bo Burr

Boucher/Gaunce Sutter Eriksson

Mcleod Chaput Megna

Virtanen Labate Skille

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stetcher

Hutton Gud

Pouliot Biega

Pedan Larsen

Not winning the "Cup" but probably wouldn't embarrass ourselves in the first round with this lineup. 

We still draft 2x2nd 2/3x3rd four or five times in the top 90 in a draft where there won't be franchise players at the top but might be gems for JB to dig after that. We get younger and upgrade Sbisa, Subban with Pouliot and replace our lost checking Pk and snarl with Mcleod and get a big offensive boost in Duchene. Oh and we don't expose anyone of value in the expansion.

Now feel free to rip me a new one.

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So because we shed the Sedins cap we can allocate 5+m to cap retention???? And be competitive? I don't think so.

I'm giving you a plus though because I hate seeing people who make proposals In the minus for making a bad proposal I'd prefer to encourage more people to make proposals. I have made my share of bad ones.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Let me put it to you like this Jan not to beat you up on this just to maybe give your head a lil shake. Would you trade Eriksson straight up For JVR if his cap hit were 7.25m if you tack on Erikssons cap retention with an additional 6m to still be paid even after JVR goes UFA? Because that is essentially what your offering not to mention your throwing in Gud and Virtanen on top of that. Then you throw Edler + a 2nd + Gaudette who I think is an absolute beauty for a 6.5m Fowler with an additional 2.5 mill to still be paid out after Fowler goes UFA. That is one hell of a cap handicap. 

Like it of not were stuck w Eriksson so lets just hope he can regain his groove. He is being utilized on our 3rd line for the most part he's a bit out of his element there not to mention adapting to a new team. I agree the signing wasn't ideal would you have preferred Lucic?? I would argue that was a far worse deal. Pretty glad we lost those sweepstakes. 

Ill throw my own proposal because I hate to shred somone else without exposing myself to the same scrutiny. Here goes... Though it's been beaten to death but say were pushing for a playoff spot at the deadline or even if were not. 

To Avs-Granlund Sbisa 1st

To Van- Duchene + Pick not sure high 3rd/4th? 

To Pitts- Hansen + 4th

To Van- Pouliot

To Nash- Subban + 7th

To Van- Mcleod + 3rd

Sedinz Duchene

Bae Bo Burr

Boucher/Gaunce Sutter Eriksson

Mcleod Chaput Megna

Virtanen Labate Skille

Edler Tanev

Tryamkin Stetcher

Hutton Gud

Pouliot Biega

Pedan Larsen

Not winning the "Cup" but probably wouldn't embarrass ourselves in the first round with this lineup. 

We still draft 2x2nd 2/3x3rd four or five times in the top 90 in a draft where there won't be franchise players at the top but might be gems for JB to dig after that. We get younger and upgrade Sbisa, Subban with Pouliot and replace our lost checking Pk and snarl with Mcleod and get a big offensive boost in Duchene. Oh and we don't expose anyone of value in the expansion.

Now feel free to rip me a new one.

Hammer, buy.....thanks for the support!

But, I was just throwing sht out there to see if anyone could come up with better.........I know I am the worst at trade valuations.....the worst, which is why I try so hard.....I am pretty good at player evaluations.....I use the eye test....but there is probably a billion people who could put a better proposal together that me......But... lol,  I try!

As for Erikkson......this is how I feel...........with his 5 year cap hit and lack of production, he has negative value to me........not worth the plaque on my teeth!

So you have to put other values with him, just to equal it out a little........in saying that...........a BILLION people could make a better proposal than me! 

Thanks for sorta having my back! lol.......you were at least kind! LOL

39 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

To Nash- Subban + 7th

To Van- Mcleod + 3rd

Nashville would never do this in a million years. If we had Mcleod would you do this one? And give up a 3rd too! Subban hasn't even made the team for real yet.

Ya I'd do it Mcleod is not a valuable asset his ceiling is what he is a 4th line energy checker/face puncher there is no upside there he's just a solid checking 4th liner. Kind of guy you buy with a 4/5th rnd pick for a playoff run. Subban is worth more than him. Anyway thats not the meat of my proposal he's just a plug I looked at to fill in for Dorsett if he isn't ready which he won't be. Big whoop if they turn it down there are a million other 4th line pking grinders we could exchange for Subban I just picked him out of a hat since I figured Nash might be a good destination for Subban. Fill me in on why Cody and his 6 mins a night is worth the moon to nashville. 

Archived