The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Charles Barkley the NHL playoff addict

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

He talked about hockey in an interview last season as well. He has been good friends with Roenick for a long time. 

Can't remember who (Jim MacMahn?) who said a while back he would recommend kids, who want to compete in a tough sport, should play hockey and NOT FOOTBALL.  Maybe with the serious concussion issues with football there are more people in the states putting their kids (who want to play a rough game) into hockey?  

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can't remember who (Jim MacMahn?) who said a while back he would recommend kids, who want to compete in a tough sport, should play hockey and NOT FOOTBALL.  Maybe with the serious concussion issues with football there are more people in the states putting their kids (who want to play a rough game) into hockey?  

The problem has always been accessibility. The cost especially being the biggest factor.

On 2017-06-06 at 0:07 AM, Bo053 said:

I have literally never seen the guy at a hockey game before this.

You're forgetting that he was playing for the Suns in Phoenix when the Jets moved there. Granted, he was traded to Houston that same year, but, I believe he still lived there in the off-season. Roenick was traded to Phoenix the same year Barkley was moved, but, I've just assumed their paths crossed on the golf course in Phoenix during the summers. Probably how he knows Wayne, too. 

Archived