The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will a dearth of offence from bottom-six forwards doom Canadian teams?

Monteeun

Just now, Western Red said:

I see good points in both arguments. It depends of course if we could get a 1st plus a top TML prospect. Deadline move depending on where we are. Its an idea that's definitely on the table.

But the depth for us just isn't there, we need to keep Tanev because we lost Tryamkin (for now). Both Stech and Hutton aren't anyhing close to defensive stalwarts. Thank sweet baby Jesus that Guddy is around.

Exactly and imagine no Tanev in the mix :( It would be horrific.   Call me crazy but I am of the mindset if you have gold you hold on to it. 

2 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

I am sorry but this is just ridiculous to me. HE is not worth more to another team, he  is worth the most to this team.  Who will teach that to Stecther n Hutty and who ever else is willing to learn ? 

Um.... The coaches?  Thats what they are there for.  To coach.

Dont get me wrong.  Again, I love Tanev and what he brings.  But right now is the time to amass future stars rather than letting them age on this team that is not going to the finals any time soon.

Agree to disagree. At least I'm not going to call your opinions "ridiculous".

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Um.... The coaches?  Thats what they are there for.  To coach.

Dont get me wrong.  Again, I love Tanev and what he brings.  But right now is the time to amass future stars rather than letting them age on this team that is not going to the finals any time soon.

Agree to disagree. At least I'm not going to call your opinions "ridiculous".

I think the notion of trading Tanev is ridiculous yes.  Of course the coaches are there for teaching but you learn the most from your line mates in game. Especially from the ones who are elite in their skill set.   Sure we are not cup bound anytime soon, but lesser teams have gone deep and learned a crap load.  This is how franchises are rebuilt imho.

Archived