The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-ARI; VAN-NSH; VAN-TBL; VAN-PIT

20 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Why would we make that Domi trade? He's doing statistically worse year by year and his game has shown no signs of improvement. In comparison, Gaudette is probably our most NHL ready prospect and drastically improving as a player every year. 

I think in one years time the OP is gonna feel silly including Gaudette in a proposal as a toss in. With how Domi has played the last few years a Hutton and Goldobin package should probably do it. If that’s not enough as I am a homer the difference definitely isn’t Gaudette. Maybe a 3rd rounder.

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think in one years time the OP is gonna feel silly including Gaudette in a proposal as a toss in. With how Domi has played the last few years a Hutton and Goldobin package should probably do it. If that’s not enough as I am a homer the difference definitely isn’t Gaudette. Maybe a 3rd rounder.

Once again Gaudette isn't a toss-in he's a center piece 

You gotta give to get

On 2018-02-11 at 4:30 PM, Adarsh Sant said:

lmao dude just stop posting trades

How about you frack off if you don't like the proposal then don't post in my thread. Lots of people thought most of the proposals, save for the Domi one, were fair. I don't see you posting trade proposals you just $&!# all over mine 

24 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Once again Gaudette isn't a toss-in he's a center piece 

You gotta give to get

Okay well if that’s the price on Domi then I’m not targeting him. I think in 2 years time Gaudette is the better player. We’re not in the position to trade guys before we’ve seen what they can do in the NHL.

36 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Okay well if that’s the price on Domi then I’m not targeting him. I think in 2 years time Gaudette is the better player. We’re not in the position to trade guys before we’ve seen what they can do in the NHL.

Fair enough.

Domi is going to become a helluva player

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Fair enough.

Domi is going to become a helluva player

Oh he definitely is and yearly should be around a 45 to 50 point player if he can stay healthy. Should rebound from his slow year this year. He might have a tough time throughout his career staying healthy because he plays a much bigger than his size but I guess those same concerns could be said about anybody. I remember when he was drafted Bob saying that he’s a diabetic and has to eat perfectly to remain game healthy. Who knows what affect that will have on him as he gets older. One for one though I’d rather have Gaudette he’s doing and saying all the right things. To trade him now I feel would be trading him at his absolute lowest value. Just not good business. There was a points translator that put Gaudettes season year into an 82 game NHL season that had him at 46 points. I know take that with a grain of salt but when you watch him he just looks like his game is translatable he doesn’t take a day or even a shift off. He’s got a great frame at 6’1”, plays a good hard fast game (think Kesler with Bo’s attitude), he’s younger and plays centre. You’ll be seeing him at the end of this year and you’ll be happy your trade didn’t go through!

12 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

How about you frack off if you don't like the proposal then don't post in my thread. Lots of people thought most of the proposals, save for the Domi one, were fair. I don't see you posting trade proposals you just $&!# all over mine 

On 2018-02-06 at 4:09 PM, Warhippy said:

1.  Is an overpayment

2.  Probably good value but Nashville has 0 need for D of any kind

3.  Probably close to equal value but it's not enough IMO for Tanev and Tampas needs for RHD are greater for our need for a moderate return on a great asset

4.  I don't see any way in hell Sutter gets that return.

I think @Warhippy summed it up fairly well.

Also  @morrissex95 you should probably explain your trades rather than posting 4 trades at once with absolutely no commentary.

For example, are you proposing the Canucks execute all these trades at the 2018 deadline? Offseason? Or are you proposing these each as separate deals? No clue

3 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

I think @Warhippy summed it up fairly well.

Also  @morrissex95 you should probably explain your trades rather than posting 4 trades at once with absolutely no commentary.

For example, are you proposing the Canucks execute all these trades at the 2018 deadline? Offseason? Or are you proposing these each as separate deals? No clue

Either trade deadline or offseason. 

Idk what Benning's plans are which is why I didn't specify trade deadline or end of the year. Why do these proposals need commentary?

I've thought about that Sutter to Pittsburgh scenario too. As someone pointed out, they've already traded him away so it might be a non-starter from the get-go. However, if they entertain it, and if Sutter's willing to waive his NTC to return (getting iffy already), and if Van is willing to use it's last remaining retention spot to keep half his salary (more if), Sutter as a 3rd line centre with cap security at just over 2mil for 3 more seasons does seem like it might be attractive. Include someone like Boucher/Goldobin for a bit of scoring depth for Pitts, and definitely need to take back Hagelin for cap reasons, and Van may be able to get a 1st + out of it (I'd want our 4th back!; and I like their big Russian center Nikita Pavlychev http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248436 ).

I would do Gudbranson and Vanek straight up for Fabbro, but not sure Poile would. Be damn nice though.

Tanev for Foote would be great too, but again, I don't know... Someone would have to get Yzerman real excited about it, and have you heard Benning talk?

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Either trade deadline or offseason. 

Idk what Benning's plans are which is why I didn't specify trade deadline or end of the year. Why do these proposals need commentary?

When you post multiple ridiculous trades, you should probably provide some explanation as to why you think the teams would consider it.

Archived