The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Wow! @Bombastik der Teutone What a end of the season for you! I can’t beleive you caught up and past me. Makes your first round matchup quite a bit easier.

Will the post season be tracked by Fantrax at all? Really interested to see how this best of 7 (game by game) scoring works out.

9 hours ago, Nail said:

@Master Mind do same rules apply in playoffs where only your top 4 C/LW/RW, top 6 D and top 2 G points apply?

Will post my roster today, best of luck @MikeyBoy44 and I sure hope that the response to my above question is a yes considering you have 3 playoff goalie starters :lol: 

I'll just be keeping track on fantrax through the in-league message forum. Will start posting those soon. If there was a way for fantrax to track it I'd definitely do it, but I don't think there's any system that would accommodate this setup.

Yes the count best restrictions still apply, but on a game by game basis. So if Mikey's 3 goalies all won game 1, then only 2 of them would count. But if Vas/Bishop won game 1 and Vas/Lehner won game 2, all would apply, as they were spread out.

Also keep in mind only 10 players will count per game.

And remember the averages. So if Ovie gets 4 points in a caps sweep, he'll be worth 1 point in games 5-7. If he only got 3 points, he'd be worth nothing. Only applies if team won.

I too did not know this... what’s the point in having 24 actively producing players then? Slightly better chance to produce more... I’m okay with the rule, but I traded some very good players to acquire depth, and wouldn’t have done so knowing depth means a lot less than I thought.

If it was in the rules, then my fault for missing that, but I don’t see it in the original post of rules.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Looks like I missed it in the CBA :blush:

Yeah the idea is that it gives you a better chance to earn points, while still giving both teams a fighting chance. So it was supposed to be 10 players in round one, 7 in round two, 4 in finals. All while keeping the count best by position in mind.

Since I didn't include it in CBA, it's probably most fair to not use the rule, as everyone else wasn't operating under that thought. We can just add it next year, or leave it off as a way to incentivize more trades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We can just add it next year, or leave it off as a way to incentivize more trades.

I like the rule. Not apposed to it at all! Just not in a year where I traded Aho for Hanifin! :lol:

... Debrinecat/1st for Conner, Slavin for Niskanen... Etc!

Edited by Art Vandelay

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Looks like I missed it in the CBA :blush:

Yeah the idea is that it gives you a better chance to earn points, while still giving both teams a fighting chance. So it was supposed to be 10 players in round one, 7 in round two, 4 in finals. All while keeping the count best by position in mind.

Since I didn't include it in CBA, it's probably most fair to not use the rule, as everyone else wasn't operating under that thought. We can just add it next year, or leave it off as a way to incentivize more trades.

I was thinking about this and came to a realization that almost all teams may barely even meet these odds as the playoffs wind down. I see no reason why you can't start implementing these rules this season even as a trial run. I mean if you still have 10 players or even 7 by the finals perhaps we can visit again but I doubt it'll go that far.

I've created a playoff version of the league for the sole sake of using the live scoring. If anyone ever has some time to kill, and would like to help with playoff tracking, it would be greatly appreciated.  I would just ask you to copy the layout from the forum, and add the stats for the day. Example in spoiler.

Spoiler

GAME 1

Columbus

Matthews -
Kapanen -
Kadri -
Atkinson -
Duchene -
Bjugstad -
Ladd -
Stone -
Pirri -
B.Schenn -
Pavelski -
E.Johnson -
Stralman -
S.Jones -
Dermott -
Binnington -

Total -

Buffalo

Rantanen -
Soderberg -
W.Karlsson -
Lebanc -
Bailey -
Dzingel -
Hedman -
Cernak -
Gardiner -
M.Jones -

Total -

Scores from tonight's games are up.

If we ever have a tie, the win will go to the team with more goals. If still tied, then wins, then assists, then shutouts.

If still tied (or perhaps even 0-0), the higher seed gets the win. Should this happen a second time, then the lower seed gets the win. Chances are it won't ever come into play.

• Upvote 1