The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2018/19

Master Mind

Can i make a suggestion for next season? 

I think player pickups should be allowed after the TDL. It feels like we're all just letting our teams ride right now. Whats the point of even checking in on anything when there isnt a damm thing you can do. 

Just a thought.

• Upvote 3

^ this is a great idea: don't allow trades but allow people to drop and pick up from the general pool until the start of that final week. I don't see any harm there: and technically people "could" drop a guy each and pick up each others dropped guy...but meh....does that really matter..and it would have to be so well choreographed so as not to lose either guy to a random GM checking in on his team that it wouldn't bother me. 

• Upvote 2

I personally enjoy setting your playoff roster at the deadline. The dynamic of trying to trade guys you plan to drop, or having to predict who will make the playoffs or even having to make sure you have a good enough roster to make the playoffs before buying playoff players should make for some very good and very bad decisions. I love that.

Plus it’s less work to follow your team that way. I think the casual GM’ing BFHL brings is a welcome break on CDC fantasy leagues.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I personally enjoy setting your playoff roster at the deadline. The dynamic of trying to trade guys you plan to drop, or having to predict who will make the playoffs or even having to make sure you have a good enough roster to make the playoffs before buying playoff players should make for some very good and very bad decisions. I love that.

Plus it’s less work to follow your team that way. I think the casual GM’ing BFHL brings is a welcome break on CDC fantasy leagues.  

With a schedule as chaotic as mine I agree with Arty on this one.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

This pretty much sums up the mentality. Forces teams to make decisions that will impact their team for the next few months.

If anything we could move the trade deadline closer to season's end, but overall I like being able to just watch and see if I made the right claims/trades 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Well I had not thought of all this...very well put. I am in the awkward position of seeing the benefits of both ways, the current and that proposed above by 73% (*is it telling that i read it as 73rd precinct for a few weeks last fall? haha)

anywho...put me down for happy either way. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

13 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Updated standings with 2 matchups remaining.

VAN has to be perfect to have a chance. Tough schedule though facing NSH and CBJ.

BUF has had the toughest schedule all year, having the highest points against. Good on Bomba for persevering and nearly locking down a spot.

not sure why it is so ....some teams seems super motivated when they face my team . last matchup vs. monty  for an example , or the other week PO 

• Cheers 1

Tight as a monkeys butt! :frantic:

Picking up Mrazek on waivers just before the deadline, crosses fingers, already won us one series. Another win worth 3 points tonight. He has us in another series we had no business being in. And we need to run the table just to make the post season...:shock:

Currently a point in it, in our series with Mikey Boy & Nashville.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Picking up Mrazek on waivers just before the deadline, crosses fingers, already won us one series. Another win worth 3 points tonight. He has us in another series we had no business being in. And we need to run the table just to make the post season...:shock:

Solid pickup. After trading Varlamov, I went to the free agent list looking to claim Mrazek, only to see he was taken. Had to settle for McElhinney instead.

In hindsight though, I should've grabbed Grubauer. Then again, I probably shouldn't have made the trade in the first place, as Turris has yet to get me a point <_<

Edited by Master Mind
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Haha wouldn't be so close if Bishop wasn't made of glass!

Standings going into final week:

1. NSH - 35 points

2. PHI - 35

3. PIT - 34

4. CBJ - 34

5. TOR - 33

6. VGK - 32

7. BUF - 32

8. NJD - 29

9. WPG - 28

10. VAN - 25

11. CHI - 23

Top 7 have clinched. With a loss, VAN is eliminated. CHI lost 5 straight while NJD won 6 straight, essentially swapping places.

NSH holds tiebreaker and would clinch 1st overall with a win. Otherwise, 5 teams still have a chance (imagine if it's a 5-way tie...)

• Upvote 3