The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tell me about Kelowna

BabychStache

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Have to give you credit that was a pretty clever response.

Actually when the lower mainland drug war really heated up... many gangsters did move up to Kelowna.  I think they did it for personal safety......

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Your wife sounds like a very smart lady.....

Big cities have so much more to offer .......

I suppose but thats what I like about Chestermere lake we are right outside Calgary which is becoming a massive city. The lower mainland is big city after big city. Just not for me.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Actually when the lower mainland drug war really heated up... many gangsters did move up to Kelowna.  I think they did it for personal safety......

Let's just say Kelowna isn't the Kelowna it was 20 years ago. Being from Penticton I probably went there two or three times a month and it sure has changed. That being said it still has some amazing natural beauty.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I suppose but thats what I like about Chestermere lake we are right outside Calgary which is becoming a massive city. The lower mainland is big city after big city. Just not for me.

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds...  smart. 

40 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Let's just say Kelowna isn't the Kelowna it was 20 years ago. Being from Penticton I probably went there two or three times a month and it sure has changed. That being said it still has some amazing natural beauty.

I have relatives in Abbotsford and went out there today  .... wow has the place changed....  basic Homes now in the 800,000 range......  unreal the building going on in that city.......

Archived