(please update cap sheets to match)

Spoiler

Montreal Canadiens

Hall - Duchene - Giroux

Galchenyuk - Patrick - Eberle

Panik - Strome - [Nieto *RFA*]

Clifford - Compher - [open]

[open] - [open]

(in the mix: Svechnikov, Rubtsov, Formenton, Blais, Mamin)

Theodore - E. Johnson

Hickey - Pesce

[open] - Dotchin

[open] - [open]

(in the mix: DeAngelo, Aho, Juulsen)

Lundqvist

[open]

(in the mix; Husso, UFA?)

North Dakota Fighting Hawks

Blais - Rubtsov - Svechnikov

Formenton - [open] - Mamin

Sadowy - Fazleev - Spacek

Carcone - [open] - Bastien

Imama

Aho - Juulsen

Vande Sompel - DeAngelo

Brisebois - Helgeson

Thompson

Husso

Wedgewood

Montreal has extended four contract offers over the past few days, so we look forward to seeing how those pan out. 3 are for the minor league system though, as we do want to leave some spots open for competition this fall. But with openings at forward, defence and in net, where could the other contract offer be targeting to fill?  

The New York Rangers have signed a minor league affiliate agreement with a rink that is dear to the family. My brother played there with a handful of NHL alumni, and my sister is the rink Manager and assistant ice maker and backup zamboni driver all in one. Proud to have made a deal to make this club the official Minor League Affiliate to the New York Rangers:

The Lake Cowichan Lakers!

image.jpeg.6f1a16d8ecf36321c0849f1878da262f.jpeg

if acceptable to the league, the changes will commence right away to allow time for the logistics of the move to come into play and have our prospects move to the Best Coast of Canada in preparation for the upcoming season. 

Image result for nhl free agent frenzy logo

Welcome to Free Agency 2018!

Starting things off we have forward Ilya Kovalchuk garnering much interest out of the gate with as many as 9 teams submitting offers for the ever reliable Russian sniper! stay tuned....

on defense, shocking as it may seem but a lot of money is being discussed with veteran Jeff Petry, multiple teams still courting the blue liner as he sifts through his options!

And in goal Mikko Koskinen may be the first domino to fall, a half dozen teams expressing interest in the potential 1A / 1B netminder.

34 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Vancouver Canucks have signed forward Matt Cullen to a one year deal.

van.png Matt Cullen: 1 year, $ 800 thousand dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season ).

The Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic to bring Matt back for another year - after our recent second-round playoff exit we are determined to get even better for the new season, and Matt's signing takes us a long way towards that. Welcome back Matt!

7 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

The Vancouver Canucks are ecstatic to bring Matt back for another year - after our recent second-round playoff exit we are determined to get even better for the new season, and Matt's signing takes us a long way towards that. Welcome back Matt!

I really think Matt Cullen is a class act. 

I’m suprisingly pleased that we moved him to a team that clearly appreciates who he is. 

Beat of luck to Matt and the Canucks from Beantown

8 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Vegas Golden Knights have signed forward Alex Barre-Boulet to a three year deal.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgAlex Barre-Boulet: 3 years, $ 4.5 million dollar contract ( $ 1,500,000.00 per season ).

Thanks to agent Mike V for the smooth negotiations. 

In Vegas, there’s a lot of work to do, especially up front. We were hoping to draft forwards with our first rounds picks, but our forward targets were gone by the 9th pick, and Merkley was available, and couldn’t pass that up. So while our future is bright on defense, our forward group is wanting. Signing prospects like Alex Barre-Boulet really helps. One of (hopefully) many guys to come.

Image result for nhl free agent frenzy logo

Forward Justin Williams is on the verge of signing out East, stay tuned on that one as it appears his time in Florida has come to an end.

Heading out West, word is Patrick Marleau has been fielding some offers, major dollars involved in perhaps a reunion of sorts ?

35 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Carolina Hurricanes have signed forward Justin Williams to a one year deal.

car.png Justin Williams: 1 year, $ 5.0 million dollar contract ( $ 5,000,000.00 per season ).

I have to  tell this story! but I will make it short:  In my inglorious youth as is oft the case, from time to time I would run afoul of various law and rule enforcers, from event security, to neighbourhood watch to the local police here and there. In the often not serious moments that could be deemed embarrassing I used the made up name Justin. Justin Williams, the man with two first names, haha...."no I don't carry ID around, is this some kind of fascist dictatorship?" I would protest...and by and large I got away with it, except in cases where I knew I couldn't and didn't use the nom de scoflaw, like speeding tickets. Fast forward to realizing a man of the same name was drafted by Philly way back in the year 2000 and went on to a nice NHL career, I couldn't help but wonder how many aging white security and beat cops watch hockey nowadays and declare "oh sure he is a millionaire now, but he was a little $&!# when he was growing up."

Archived