The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Would you make this trade?

Trade  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, BPA said:

A bit off topic, if Van doesn't get 2019 1st overall..

Would you trade Boeser + 2019 1st (say top 10) for 2019 1st overall and draft Jack Hughes?

No.

The 2017 and 2018 drafts both show you don't need a lottery pick to grab a great player. I'd love to have Jack as much as anyone but it doesn't make sense giving up two for one. 

On 7/29/2018 at 10:39 PM, BPA said:

A bit off topic, if Van doesn't get 2019 1st overall..

Would you trade Boeser + 2019 1st (say top 10) for 2019 1st overall and draft Jack Hughes?

No I wouldn't.  Hockey is a team game.  You need multiple skilled guys, not just 1 or two.  Everybody says that you need an elite centre to win, and generally I agree.  However, Anze Kopitar(11th OA), Toews (3rd OA), Bergeron (45th OA), Zetterberg (210th OA), Backstrom (4th OA) were not considered the top propspects in their year and still managed to be the top centre on a cup winning team.  

Tavares, Stamkos, Nugent-Hopkins, MacKinnon, and McDavid have all been picked 1st overall and not won anything yet.  It is because they need much more than just a #1OA centre.  

Archived