The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’m not even saying it’s a terrible pick.  I’m saying that the bottom line is that one player will help his team in the playoffs in the nhl right now.....not just help.  MT is a driving force on the team.

agreed....it's laughable when CDC is talking about wanting Stone when we could have gotten a better player that would stir the drink in Van-city, but my team passed on him.when he was there for the taking...biggest blunder to date. LE is second.

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

agreed....it's laughable when CDC is talking about wanting Stone when we could have gotten a better player that would stir the drink in Van-city, but my team passed on him.when he was there for the taking...biggest blunder to date. LE is second.

And then the Canucks wouldn't have been able to draft EP, since they woulda won a lot more games with MT.  I'll take EP tyvm.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, Pete M said:

right now...it looks like a terrible pick because MT is so good...would be the second best player on the Canucks right now

are you questioning JB's ability to assess talent. Loks bad now, yes, but give it another 5 to 7 years and then we can really assess it. Same with Virtanen versus Ehlers. Takes time.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, Pete M said:

Valimaki and Anderson were picked in later drafts and they play good minutes with Calgary (sometimes in key situations)....plus they got a franchise player in Tkachuk.

And we stole Pouliot and got Stetcher for nothing. GMs can't be right all the time. Last year's FA signing, I think that Roussel and Beagle are working out great, so that is 2 out of 3, a very high success rate/

On 1/18/2019 at 7:21 PM, Viper007 said:

And then the Canucks wouldn't have been able to draft EP, since they woulda won a lot more games with MT.  I'll take EP tyvm.

...final destination...we could have had them both.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:21 AM, Viper007 said:

Linden, Benning and WD all felt it was a mistake to have kept Virtanen and McCann in the NHL - too much immaturity and it was their draft+2.  The roster wouldn't have been any different as Tkachuk probably wouldn't have made the team that year (draft+1).  

12 hours ago, mll said:

Linden, Benning and WD all felt it was a mistake to have kept Virtanen and McCann in the NHL - too much immaturity and it was their draft+2.  The roster wouldn't have been any different as Tkachuk probably wouldn't have made the team that year (draft+1).  

So if Tkachuk could make the Flames on a better deeper roster in his draft season, he wouldn't have made it on the canucks??  He might not even be on the canucks roster then, and might be labelled a bust considering how CDC works here.  He could've gotten injured just like Juolevi.  Going down this path is a slippery road.  We won't know how it woulda or coulda happened because it never did.  

I think if the canucks drafted MT, he woulda made the roster, and the canucks would've had a better record in the season therefore drafting position would all be different.  

I feel we would not be able to have both MT and EP, if we drafted MT first instead of Juolevi. 

Archived