The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to bring back last years Triple B line, once EP gets back?

TheRealistOptimist

Boeser has struggled to put up points this year when he’s not with EP, and Horvat tends to do it all on his own anyways (doesn’t use his wingers nearly was will as EP), so I’d make a legitimate first line with EP and Boeser plus, and Bear can continue to do his good work with Horvat making it a legitimate second line.  Will see what TG does, he’s the coach, but that’s what I’d do.  Boeser with EP is twice as productive, and I think it would do wonders for his confidence, and long term they could develop a lot more chemistry (possibly two fifty goal scorers on one line, something we’ve never done although if Bure wasn’t out when Mogilny got his fifty goal seasons with us it could of happened).

IMO we need to line up our best sniper with EP, and that's Boeser (apart from EP himself).

EP's vision and passing are on another level, as good as Henrik's was in his prime, and the designated sniper needs to be ready at any time to shoot, as he is going to get some unreal passes (like the one EP made when flat on his back with a sweep of his stick). 

It is maybe time for EP to put his foot down with mgt and demand they bring up JD - one of the few who has an almost as high hockey IQ as he has.  And Roussel wouldn't look out of place on that EP / Boeser line either

10 hours ago, Googlie said:

IMO we need to line up our best sniper with EP, and that's Boeser (apart from EP himself).

EP's vision and passing are on another level, as good as Henrik's was in his prime, and the designated sniper needs to be ready at any time to shoot, as he is going to get some unreal passes (like the one EP made when flat on his back with a sweep of his stick). 

It is maybe time for EP to put his foot down with mgt and demand they bring up JD - one of the few who has an almost as high hockey IQ as he has.  And Roussel wouldn't look out of place on that EP / Boeser line either

EP does have great vision and makes some unreal passes. You know who also has great vision and makes unreal passes...Sidney Crosby. 

Pittsburgh doesn't/didn't play Kessel (sniper) or James Neal back in his prime with Crosby, they played those guys with Malkin. 

Crosby usually ended up playing with guys who should've been 2nd or 3rd line wingers. Crosby has still put up big points despite not getting to play with the top end 40-50 goal snipers.

It was just a thought. I think Boeser will continue to be great with Pettersson, I think it might just be better for the team if Boeser, Bo and Baer get back together. That way you can hopefully have 2 very dangerous lines.

Archived