The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know that feeling when the Canucks are about to play..

Rate this topic

Snapshot85

LETS HAVE SOME FUN

Tonight for me thinking.... Real Fml moments.... when the canucks are about to play.

Post your own replys

You know that feeling when the canucks are about to play......... And your baby keeps waking up your toddler... and your toddler keeps waking the baby.... and you realize you just missed the first period !!!! Lol Fml

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Of those 25 forwards drafted in the first round.... only 9 ... count it 9 scored more nhl goals than Jake in 18-19. 15 players found the back of the net less often.  This means hes well above 50% so better than a random first round pick. Also the goals scored and nhl success rate of the second rounders is weak at best.

Adding to Jake's value is.... a few truths... hes improved every year, hes top 3 fastest skaters in the nhl ( subjective I know) and he hits like a moose when he wants to. Hes on a cheap contract !

And to add to his value...he can help a team now... today!!

you do realize that draft picks should be assessed against the entire draft class

not just one round

and jake has no remaining value from being a first round pick

that is now just an historical fact - he was picked in the 1st round

he is now an average or so forward with both upside and downside potential

as such, he likely no longer is worth a replacement 1st round pick

as all of those players are viewed as having much more upside value

the 1st round of the draft is a bit of a lottery, you can loose big or win big... or like us with jake, kinda do neither

i doubt any team out there will offer a 1st round pick for him

skating fast to no where is really not a great talent

being paid low value to reflect his worth is hardly a selling feature
and yes, he can help a team today fill a roster spot

motte arguable does the same or more for even less

i am lukewarm about jake

he could still make it and fulfill more of his potential

he still might not

he requires a lot of energy from a coach

due to his apparent lack of self direction/motivation

and so he still requires maturation before he really is a true pro

patience will run out on him

• Upvote 1

You missed the point. 

You are mistaken

... you dont use the entire draft class for comparables in this case. I was discussing if he is worth a first round pick. Jake was drafted to score goals ! So a average 1st round pick of his year would have scored less goals. Average being 50% jake scored more than 60% of the forwards drafted in the first round. 

What I'm getting at is with a random first round pick.... we likely draft a player that puts the puck in the net less often than jake. 

Also probably doesn't have his size, and speed.

Cheers.

if you are correct

i'm sure there are already numerous nhl teams

calling up jb and offering 1st round picks and more for jake

cuz he is just in such demand

let me know when that trade is concluded

so a review of the next draft can be made so we can decide who we would prefer to draft

and then watch jb draft someone else better then we would have picked

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

You are mistaken... you dont use the entire draft class for comparables in this case. I was discussing if he is worth a first round pick.

Actually, you are wrong.  You don't judge a #6 overall pick against 'a random first round pick'.  A #6 pick is worth FAR MORE than a random 1st.  You compare a #6 overall pick - with the expected value of that pick.  For instance, this statistical analysis gives the value of a #6 pick as 702, whereas the median value of a first round pick is only 423.   Jake's value right now is somewhere in the 200 to 300 range. 

I've had a few drinks, I hate it when I have to rack my brains for yet another one of these collections of alphabets/acronyms or initals of player's names that stops me dead in my tracks and I say.... FTSM, ICTTS!

"Fml moments", whaaaa-aaaaat?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 6string said:

I've had a few drinks, I hate it when I have to rack my brains for yet another one of these collections of alphabets/acronyms or initals of player's names that stops me dead in my tracks and I say.... FTSM, ICTTS!

"Fml moments", whaaaa-aaaaat?

My bet is " Family Moments"

• Haha 1