The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN & OTT (Proposal)

In a perfect world, each team is given a summer compliance-buyout: LouiE for us

Sign Big Nik.

Then...

To OTT: Baertschi, Roussel(or Ferland), Stecher, 2021 1st(maybe top-5 protected?)

Van gets: Colin White, Jaros or Lajoie(AHL-D), 2020 2nd(they have a mess of'em)

I doubt the Sens have lost faith in White after one year. Still a young guy who had his first full year last year. Sure he had an off year with injury but Ottawa are an awful team too.

We are definitely gonna have to add if we are gonna get rid of Eriksson in a deal. I doubt a team like Ottawa are just gonna take him off our hands for free. Cap relief is a market upon itself.

If we're gonna try to clear cap for Eriksson and try get a player out of it I would much much rather go after Tierney. Might have to get up picks and prospects and a guy like Gaudette to do it but Tierney is likely better than Gaudette will ever be. He pretty much provides Gaudette level scoring 40-50 points but is as good very good on draws and on defense. Only a couple years older than Gaud too but if we really want to spend assets to get rid of Eriksson I would take the extra step and get a player that'd be a top 3rd line C in the league. We'd be set up for the next 5+ years down the middle.

Hopefully we get a compliance buyout or two so we aren't stuck with Eriksson. Even then though if Tierney was on the block Benning should be all over that. He'd be a perfect fit here with how he plays and age wise.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I doubt the Sens have lost faith in White after one year. Still a young guy who had his first full year last year. Sure he had an off year with injury but Ottawa are an awful team too.

We are definitely gonna have to add if we are gonna get rid of Eriksson in a deal. I doubt a team like Ottawa are just gonna take him off our hands for free. Cap relief is a market upon itself.

If we're gonna try to clear cap for Eriksson and try get a player out of it I would much much rather go after Tierney. Might have to get up picks and prospects and a guy like Gaudette to do it but Tierney is likely better than Gaudette will ever be. He pretty much provides Gaudette level scoring 40-50 points but is as good very good on draws and on defense. Only a couple years older than Gaud too but if we really want to spend assets to get rid of Eriksson I would take the extra step and get a player that'd be a top 3rd line C in the league. We'd be set up for the next 5+ years down the middle.

Hopefully we get a compliance buyout or two so we aren't stuck with Eriksson. Even then though if Tierney was on the block Benning should be all over that. He'd be a perfect fit here with how he plays and age wise.

^Above deal doesn't include Louie. I'd imagined the league grants Utopian-buyouts.

12 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

^Above deal doesn't include Louie. I'd imagined the league grants Utopian-buyouts.

Still rather have Tierney. Could definitely afford to give up a guy like Gaudette+ for him. Former teammate of Horvat too.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

• 8 months later...