The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Old Time Hockey!

Rate this topic

Man, I was like seven when this went down but I was old enough to remember this type of stuff. It was a much simpler time. I doubt this made any headlines back in the day. Could you imagine the “supposed “ black eye this would have had on hockey today? Lol. This was when you had 10-15 Canucks games a year on tv. The rest were up to your imagination while listening on the radio until the playoffs where all games were televised. As crazy as it sounds I would go back to those days in a heartbeat. It made going to a game that much more special. I just turned 40.....can u tell? 

• Cheers 1

On 4/9/2020 at 7:59 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

McLean was always such a weasel. 

watch his eyes, he's always seems to be looking whoever he's talking to with some distain. He'll will scan them and then be like he's thinking to himself, "what a tool".

• Cheers 1

what I notice about old time hockey is that the goalies stand up.

The NHL is funny cuz they talk about increasing scoring with all sorts of weird ineffectual rules.

there are funny old rules that last forever for no appearent reason, aand then there are the ones they lest disappear.

Back in the day goalies were not aloud to leave there feet

Now I am fine with the Gump Worsley paddy stack, but "skating" and the butterfly need to be put to rest IMO