The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green is afraid to use the backup goalie

Rate this topic

snucks

6 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Hey there mr hindsight.  
3 great games <<< sub par season.  
3 games doesn’t make you better than an all star in any world.  Not even in neverland, Petar Pan.  

who pissed on your cornflakes Dummerboy.

The post I responded to, in referring to the playoffs said an 80%  Markstrom was better than a rusty Demko.  Demko in fact played better than Markstrom for the 3 game stretch he was put in.  When you consider his rust and the pressure he was under, his performance was beyond belief.   Could he sustain that during an 84 game season, I highly doubt it but what goalie could.  

On 9/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, DIBdaQUIB said:

who pissed on your cornflakes Dummerboy.

The post I responded to, in referring to the playoffs said an 80%  Markstrom was better than a rusty Demko.  Demko in fact played better than Markstrom for the 3 game stretch he was put in.  When you consider his rust and the pressure he was under, his performance was beyond belief.   Could he sustain that during an 84 game season, I highly doubt it but what goalie could.  

In this order.  Furh,  Broduer, Holtby.   Edit:  plus the 84 game season only happened once maybe twice I don’t remember.   Personally I think it’s time the league went back to a 78 game season. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

On 8/31/2020 at 8:41 PM, Baggins said:

When in a must win situation you go with your best not your backup.

But it still wasn't a "must win" so you've just made moot your argument.

But the game Green should have put Demko in, and I said it then, was not the 4th, but the 3rd game.  After a quick turnaround from St. Louis to Las Vegas, and Green knowing Marky's struggles with b>b, it should have been Demko in net for game 3, when we were tied 1 - 1.  That was clearly not a must-win.  If Demko lost, (as Marky did regardless) it would only be down 2 games to 1.  But we would also have a fresher Marky to help even up the series the next day. And no b>b left in the series.

Yes I agree that hindsight is 20/20.  But that fact doesn't make Green's decision any more right. 

• Cheers 3