The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van & TB

laddie

With Tampa Bay facing a cap crunch like ours is it possible to take on Tyler Johnson, with 1 million retained, plus Cal Foote for Kole Lind, Rafferty and 2nd Round Pick?  I know this isn’t much for Tampa Bay but it allows them to resign the players they want to and it gives us a young right shot dman for the future.  The return may not be perfect but with us giving up a couple of prospects it allows TB not to take on any more salary but it costs them a very good prospect.

13 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Johnson right now has negative value. You'd have to package him with a pick to move him. Why are we adding a 2nd in on this deal? 

If we don’t need to great but I’m more asking about the premise of the trade 

41 minutes ago, laddie said:

With Tampa Bay facing a cap crunch like ours is it possible to take on Tyler Johnson, with 1 million retained, plus Cal Foote for Kole Lind, Rafferty and 2nd Round Pick?  I know this isn’t much for Tampa Bay but it allows them to resign the players they want to and it gives us a young right shot dman for the future.  The return may not be perfect but with us giving up a couple of prospects it allows TB not to take on any more salary but it costs them a very good prospect.

I like the general concept laddie. But I'd want Cernak back with him. We'd have to pay to dump someone like Baer or Roussel to make space but that should be possible. 

1 hour ago, laddie said:

I would do Lind, Rafferty and a 2nd for Palat and Cernak.  Make the offer and see if Tampa blinks...