The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rank our top 4 Dmen

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

On 10/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

This is my ranking of our top 4 Dmen

Hughes is a clear #1 Dman

Schmidt is a clear #2 Dman. Puck moving Dman who plays well in his own end. Doesn't produce like a #1  

Edler was a Clear #2 and now our #3 Dman this is a great trade for Edler relieves a lot of pressure off of him. I rank him as our #3 due to his age and because Schmidt has a better outlet pass could call Edler a 2b Schmidt is a little more physical as well.

Then there is Myers shows glimpses of being a solid #2 but most of the time looks like a #3 or #4 dman he is our currently most over paid Dman.  He has the Capability of playing physical when he wants to and has a decent outlet pass but doesn't seem to be able to read the play well enough to use it all the time. Could be up there with Schmidt and Edler as a #2 but have to place him as a #3 or on this team our #4.  IMO lacks consistence

Rank the Dmen give your reasons, please keep your opinions of the trade out of your post  there is already a thread for that.

"when he wants to" thats my ONLY gripe with the guy is he needs to be a little bit more tactical about how

he deploys himself. The game he took 9 penalties was on one hand a bit much because of how much it 

took him out of the game, but on the other hand he brought his physical dominance to Chara levels at times.

Its what we have been begging to see from Ferland. We lack that level of grit so he elevates himself far 

past Edler in my books.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Sounds like a law office.

“Welcome to the firm of Hughes, Schmidt, Edler and Myers.”

They should ask for a large upfront retainer and charge the team on an hourly rate plus GST and disbursements. 

• Haha 1