The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everything is awful, but sometimes the universe is also okay

Putgolzin

Love this story, thanks for sharing.  I find myself these days spending more time looking for the good, the funny, the positive as everything else is so oppressive.  I'm more careful now what I watch on TV, become addicted to HGTV because any problem is resolved in 60 minutes or less LOL!  Magic of TV.  

All we can do is support each other, try to be the best human we can, do the right thing, care for others, we will get through this.  Our ancestors have overcome much worse, world wars and pandemics without benefit of science and technology (not sure if technology is a benefit?) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

great heart felt story. my story, was really my mom’s story. we were very poor and mom who had, had rhumatic fever as a young girl suffered through many small heart attacks in her life. she had 11 kids but 5 died at birth or within their first years. mom was in the hospital a lot and dad had little work, ( the dirty thirties) decided to let another family adopt their daughter. i wasn’t even born yet. years later, we had all grown up, my other sister remembered her and started looking for her. well she found her living in yelm washington married and had 4 teenage kids. my sister didn’t even know she was adopted. that first meeting between my mother and sister, still brings tears to my eyes. oh the raw emotions. poor mother had lost 5 kids at birth and had a daughter taken away from her, i know she most have been heart broken. 

• Like 4