The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler To Have Hearing Today [Update: Suspended 2 games]

Rate this topic

-DLC-

On 4/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, AriGold said:

I disagree with that part, he's a notoriously dirty player it's just not actively talked about or goes unnoticed.

Some examples below..

Notoriously dirty? Alex Edler? you gotta be kidding me. 

Alex is one of the kindest guys on the team. He's a class act that doesn't have a bad bone in his body. You're out to lunch to call him dirty. 

He's a top dman that's always chugged heavy minutes, he battles hard and once in a while gets caught in collisions. None of those clips you posted are predatory... Some of them only coulda been prevented but meh... He battles hard and usually keeps it clean. 

Haters gon hate

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You engage with me first I'll leave it at that.

Well, if you need it to keep going, fine... :P All good, let’s have some banter then. 

Since you fired a shot at me via the comment that I’m somehow stuck in the 80s-hockey, I’d like to return it by stating that your drama-laiden, immature viewpoints on the topic showcases, rather explicitly, that you don’t know what you don’t know.

Too bad you missed the 80s, I assume, because it would have exposed you to “intent” to injure, and yes there were a lot of those plays to learn from.  

... compares Edler’s knee to Matthews’ and wonders why the DoPS didn’t throw the book at AM too... :lol: Take a knee already, dude. 

It’s obvious that you don’t understand the difference between a knee-on-knee hit, and a literal kneeing.  Nor do you understand how potential is paramount in assessing intent.  Players know what is at stake when they make cheap plays.  That’s the Golden Rule of lore, stuff.  

The Mathews knee looked like he lifted it while he was barely moving, as was his check, when he lifted his knee into the guy. That is not the same as what Edler did, at all.  Why even bother trying to conflate the two to make a point about DoPS consistency? 

Sure, both are dirty and unsportsmanlike plays, no question. None. But they are different plays, potential for injury-wise, period.  The potential from each instance: one being a Charlie horse, while the other is career ending damages.  DOPS knows this, as will any trainer, coach, etc. Apparently, you do not... 

It’s not even debatable.  You’re so hung-up on a complaint about the DoPS that you’re going to die on a tiny molehill you’ve made.  Our opinions are shaped by own own experiences.  Ours must be radically different, concerning the topic of hitting, injuries and kneeing in hockey.  I’m not here to change your mind, but to instead provide readers with a different perspective.  I think I’ve done that, twice now, and should have nothing to add in a rebuttal to anything you might want to conclude with.  Ill be around to read anything if you wish to respond, of course. That’s part of the fun. 

I don’t care if you want to virtue signal-martyr yourself regarding DoPS consistency on your molehill, but at least readers will see that not all posters and Canucks fans on here agree with your perceptions of these plays.  

This concludes this public service announcement from 189. 

22 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Well, if you need it to keep going, fine... :P All good, let’s have some banter then. 

Since you fired a shot at me via the comment that I’m somehow stuck in the 80s-hockey, I’d like to return it by stating that your drama-laiden, immature viewpoints on the topic showcases, rather explicitly, that you don’t know what you don’t know.

Too bad you missed the 80s, I assume, because it would have exposed you to “intent” to injure, and yes there were a lot of those plays to learn from.  

... compares Edler’s knee to Matthews’ and wonders why the DoPS didn’t throw the book at AM too... :lol: Take a knee already, dude. 

It’s obvious that you don’t understand the difference between a knee-on-knee hit, and a literal kneeing.  Nor do you understand how potential is paramount in assessing intent.  Players know what is at stake when they make cheap plays.  That’s the Golden Rule of lore, stuff.  

The Mathews knee looked like he lifted it while he was barely moving, as was his check, when he lifted his knee into the guy. That is not the same as what Edler did, at all.  Why even bother trying to conflate the two to make a point about DoPS consistency? 

Sure, both are dirty and unsportsmanlike plays, no question. None. But they are different plays, potential for injury-wise, period.  The potential from each instance: one being a Charlie horse, while the other is career ending damages.  DOPS knows this, as will any trainer, coach, etc. Apparently, you do not... 

It’s not even debatable.  You’re so hung-up on a complaint about the DoPS that you’re going to die on a tiny molehill you’ve made.  Our opinions are shaped by own own experiences.  Ours must be radically different, concerning the topic of hitting, injuries and kneeing in hockey.  I’m not here to change your mind, but to instead provide readers with a different perspective.  I think I’ve done that, twice now, and should have nothing to add in a rebuttal to anything you might want to conclude with.  Ill be around to read anything if you wish to respond, of course. That’s part of the fun. 

I don’t care if you want to virtue signal-martyr yourself regarding DoPS consistency on your molehill, but at least readers will see that not all posters and Canucks fans on here agree with your perceptions of these plays.  

This concludes this public service announcement from 189. 

Wow so much for I'll leave it at that :lol:, and so kind of you to be concerned on where I will die :ph34r:

What's hilarious with this whole rant you finally acknowledge it was dirty that's all I was trying to get out of you and it took all that to finally admit it :lol:

As for the rest as I said before I never said they were the same but you're still caught up on something I never said :lol:, heck I could use the McDavid elbow as another poor example by the NHL to crack down on a diry play, but instead they choose not to and here have a slap on the wrist, because we can't suspend the star player in the league and set an example for everyone. 

I was born in the 80's and played in the 90's, it was pretty dirty still and you still went out there to injure when I played, so it took me some time to adapt to the new era of hockey now, but eventually I did and realized somethings just aren't aren't worth it and need to be eliminated because no one should be trying to do things to people that can cause injuries especially when they can be prevented. 

Chuck Norris Out. 

Suspension length was fine, I cannot really argue that.

I can argue with the inconsistency of DOPS and that is a big issue, doesn’t take away that the suspension for this seems fair to me. They just need to apply it properly to everyone else