The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The move from Utica to Abbotsford opened doors

Rate this topic

cuporbust

8 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

They can run with a reduced roster on home stands to bank more cap space too. 

Only when they are both in town at the same time which won’t be that may cross overs.

A key advantage for the fans is that while the Canucks are on the road, and if the AC are in town fans can still watch Canucks hockey, albeit at the AHL level, which should mean they get good crowd numbers on those days creating a good atmosphere. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Only when they are both in town at the same time which won’t be that may cross overs.

A key advantage for the fans is that while the Canucks are on the road, and if the AC are in town fans can still watch Canucks hockey, albeit at the AHL level, which should mean they get good crowd numbers on those days creating a good atmosphere. 

The AHL plays most of its games Friday to Sunday so the Canucks should have quite a few chances to bank that cap space Monday to Thursday. It’s calculated daily so every little bit can count and maybe be utilized at the deadline. 

I know for myself, living closer to Abbotsford snd not having the money to go to more than a few Canucks games, I’ll be going to Abbotsford more.