The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blackhawks fire head coach Jeremy Colliton, name Derek King as interim head coach

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, McBackup said:

This has to be ironic because the hypocrisy is through the roof.

What hypocrisy?

I think it's rather arrogant of you to assume people didn't understand the nuances of language. Yet when you explained it, you offered very little insight there.

18 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What hypocrisy?

The hypocrisy of you attacking me for allegedly assuming things when you are doing that exact thing yourself.

I think it's rather arrogant of you to assume people didn't understand the nuances of language. Yet when you explained it, you offered very little insight there.

I don't care what you think. Lots of people clearly don't understand the nuances of language given the amount of flak Sat was getting on 650 with people clearly not understanding what he said. My comment was not directed at anyone in particular in this thread yet you seem to think it is, maybe you didn't get it and took it personally, I don't know.

Also I offered plenty of "insight", I clarified the difference between an 'ought' and an 'is'. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, McBackup said:

The hypocrisy of you attacking me for allegedly assuming things when you are doing that exact thing yourself.

I don't care what you think. Lots of people clearly don't understand the nuances of language given the amount of flak Sat was getting on 650 with people clearly not understanding what he said. My comment was not directed at anyone in particular in this thread yet you seem to think it is, maybe you didn't get it and took it personally, I don't know.

Also I offered plenty of "insight", I clarified the difference between an 'ought' and an 'is'. 

Let me refresh your memory then. Seems to me that you were directing this message to anyone reading the thread.

And from your 'insight', you were stating what was the obvious - that Satiar was stating that the team won't make moves until Thanksgiving.  I don't see why you felt the need to do that. Was there something confusing about this?

And that's why I was confused about why people would get confused with the word 'should' vs 'will'. They shouldn't.

Screenshot_20211108-121147.png

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Let me refresh your memory then. Seems to me that you were directing this message to anyone reading the thread.

And from your 'insight', you were stating what was the obvious - that Satiar was stating that the team won't make moves until Thanksgiving.  I don't see why you felt the need to do that. Was there something confusing about this?

And that's why I was confused about why people would get confused with the word 'should' vs 'will'. They shouldn't.

Screenshot_20211108-121147.png

Thank you for posting a screencap from your phone, it really was helpful, as I couldn't figure out what that "prev" button on the top of the page did.

Unfortunately, it isn't the "gotcha" you think it is, because this entire back and forth stems from what you've inferred from your own poor grasp of the English language. Perhaps that's why you got so uptight over the original comment, you actually didn't understand what Sat was saying and felt it was some kind of personal attack. It would make sense given that you can't even remember that you used the term "insight", not me, so I don't know why you're writing it as if I'm the one bringing it up.

• Haha 1

Just now, McBackup said:

Thank you for posting a screencap from your phone, it really was helpful, as I couldn't figure out what that "prev" button on the top of the page did.

Unfortunately, it isn't the "gotcha" you think it is, because this entire back and forth stems from what you've inferred from your own poor grasp of the English language. Perhaps that's why you got so uptight over the original comment, you actually didn't understand what Sat was saying and felt it was some kind of personal attack. It would make sense given that you can't even remember that you used the term "insight", not me, so I don't know why you're writing it as if I'm the one bringing it up.

I have a degree in writing, and I use it on a day to day basis. Thanks for your continued poor observations.

You have no insight, despite projecting in your previous post that people don't understand language. Hilarious.

Just now, Dazzle said:

I have a degree in writing, and I use it on a day to day basis. Thanks for your continued poor observations.

You have no insight, despite projecting in your previous post that people don't understand language. Hilarious.

Holy $&!# that school needs to have their accreditation revoked then.

• Haha 1