The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

There have been several Duchene is one that change whole outlook of Colorado.

Trades are tougher now since covid and no cap room...Look at trade tracker they happen..

Also, Duchene requested to be traded.  It wasn't that Colorado wanted to trade him.

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Also, Duchene requested to be traded.  It wasn't that Colorado wanted to trade him.

Well hope Miller will request a trade when new management team don't want to pay Miller 8.5 million X 6 or 7 years...

Canucks are not going to beat teams like Colorado, Calgary, Vegas, Minnesoda, Blues, Edmonton in a playoff series.. Why would you keep Miller?

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Well hope Miller will request a trade when new management team don't want to pay Miller 8.5 million X 6 or 7 years...

Canucks are not going to beat teams like Colorado, Calgary, Vegas, Minnesoda, Blues, Edmonton in a playoff series.. Why would you keep Miller?

They already beat the Blues and Minnesota in a playoff series.  Miller won't need to request a trade, if he doesn't resign in the summer, most likely he will be traded at the TDL if he hasn't already been traded first.  

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

You still haven't given me an example of these trades that happen regularly with players of JTs calibre.

Just now, Viper007 said:

They already beat the Blues and Minnesota in a playoff series.  Miller won't need to request a trade, if he doesn't resign in the summer, most likely he will be traded at the TDL if he hasn't already been traded first.  

They beat Minnesoda and Blues 2 years ago.. Minnesoda and Blues are much better then Vancouver today..

Just now, wildcam said:

They beat Minnesoda and Blues 2 years ago.. Minnesoda and Blues are much better then Vancouver today..

The Blues had just won the stanley cup.  I believe they were better then.  Minnesota, I'll give that to you, because they didn't have Kaprizov.  But Minnesota is in a world of hurt starting next season with their cap penalties.  I definitely wouldn't want to be them at the moment.  You're also disregarding the fact that since Boudreau has taken over, the team has been one of the best in the league.  If Boudreau was coaching from the beginning, don't you think the Canucks might be in a position where they're considered one of the better teams, maybe not quite top contender status but definitely on par with Edmonton.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Yup, 72 points.  More than any season that Duchene has ever had, until this year.

Duchene was much better player then  Miller , ( 2014 Duchene  71 points...Miller  has only been putting up some points over the last 4.5 years..

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

The Blues had just won the stanley cup.  I believe they were better then.  Minnesota, I'll give that to you, because they didn't have Kaprizov.  But Minnesota is in a world of hurt starting next season with their cap penalties.  I definitely wouldn't want to be them at the moment.  You're also disregarding the fact that since Boudreau has taken over, the team has been one of the best in the league.  If Boudreau was coaching from the beginning, don't you think the Canucks might be in a position where they're considered one of the better teams, maybe not quite top contender status but definitely on par with Edmonton.

Yes but using the statement how good will Edmonton be when they sign a good goalie? Edmonton has lost so so many games with terrible goalies..

Vancouver need more grit to play with teams like Calgary, Minnesoda, Colorado in playoff series...

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I think the Blues are deeper up front, their top 9 is way better than our top 9 this season.

And I feel like Husso is capable of taking his team deep in the playoffs.

Their defence doesn't look as good as it was in their cup year but if I have to pick a team to upset the Avs, I'd pick them.

Just now, wildcam said:

Yes but using the statement how good will Edmonton be when they sign a good goalie? Edmonton has lost so so many games with terrible goalies..

Vancouver need more grit to play with teams like Calgary, Minnesoda, Colorado in playoff series...

They can't afford a goalie.  They haven't used their cap space wisely, just like the canucks.

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Vancouver really need that tough stay at home D man to play beside Hughes..Young RD under 25 and then try to add size like Minnesota ....

Just now, wildcam said:

Jumping in here

but what makes you think this?

canucks have shown this year that they have the ability to get completely outplayed but still manage to win those games. 

5 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Duchene was much better player then  Miller , ( 2014 Duchene  71 points...Miller  has only been putting up some points over the last 4.5 years..

Duchene has never been a better player.  Miller has consistently been a better overall player.  When he's not producing, he's still being physical and battling.  I can't say the same for Duchene.  If you rather have Duchene than Miller, that's on you.  I would rather have JT on my team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

I think the Blues are deeper up front, their top 9 is way better than our top 9 this season.

And I feel like Husso is capable of taking his team deep in the playoffs.

Their defence doesn't look as good as it was in their cup year but if I have to pick a team to upset the Avs, I'd pick them.

Yes I really like Husso, maybe Blues will trade Binnington. this Summer and sign Husso..

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Duchene has never been a better player.  Miller has consistently been a better overall player.  When he's not producing, he's still being physical and battling.  I can't say the same for Duchene.  If you rather have Duchene than Miller, that's on you.  I would rather have JT on my team.

Well as a team that needs to fill some serious voids a Miller trade would really make Vancouver stronger in the long run..

I think Miller 29, would bring back Vancouver a good trade package back and make them younger and add some more young skilled players