The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Death Note, Ryuk's Playground. Monday FIRST Night Fall.

Rate this topic

DarthMelvin

2 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

Absolutely, but why not reveal at the end of the round, and try to live until tomorrow? It’s not like SS/Illunga were dead and buried and this was an attempt to save them.. the only way this makes sense realistically is if you’re not the sheriff and self sacrificing tonight to hopefully protect the real sheriff for tomorrow. Now no maf will attempt a mislynch on the guys you cleared, which could’ve been helpful intel for future rounds and instead we give the maf an easy round to pick on the long hanging fruit aka the slankers

I'm not likely to be around for EOD, I didn't want to possibly get killed w/o Town knowing what I know.

Seriously, I give you a POE of 4 that is 50% Maf and I'm catching shyte for it :frantic:

5 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

Absolutely, but why not reveal at the end of the round, and try to live until tomorrow? It’s not like SS/Illunga were dead and buried and this was an attempt to save them.. the only way this makes sense realistically is if you’re not the sheriff and self sacrificing tonight to hopefully protect the real sheriff for tomorrow. Now no maf will attempt a mislynch on the guys you cleared, which could’ve been helpful intel for future rounds and instead we give the maf an easy round to pick on the long hanging fruit aka the slankers

Ah, we may have a Maf here folks. Does this read like Town happy w/ trying to solve? Or Maf trying to weedle info out of the Sheriff?

Also, with anon votes, Town has no way of knowing if Maf would try and mislynch my town clears, and there's no intel to be gleaned w/ anon votes. This post reeks

Lewts a pretty good Maf fit here I'd say

8 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I'm not likely to be around for EOD, I didn't want to possibly get killed w/o Town knowing what I know.

Seriously, I give you a POE of 4 that is 50% Maf and I'm catching shyte for it :frantic:

Okay, if you’re not around later that’s fair enough, the timing just seemed inefficient 

5 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Ah, we may have a Maf here folks. Does this read like Town happy w/ trying to solve? Or Maf trying to weedle info out of the Sheriff?

Also, with anon votes, Town has no way of knowing if Maf would try and mislynch my town clears, and there's no intel to be gleaned w/ anon votes. This post reeks

Lewts a pretty good Maf fit here I'd say

Bruh.

its clear for everyone to see the two people that will be voted for this round are the two slankers, Tanev and Z. Anon voting or not.

My point is that if you clearing SS and illunga so early means there is no opportunity for maf to tunnel them this round and try and win the town opinion over for a mislynch. 

take SS for instance, who had a round long back and forth with Aladeen yesterday. With Aladeen being so sure SS was scum, It would make total sense for maf to tunnel him this round and try to get a mislynch going. Then with the information you have, you would be able to assess that player and see if they have any ulterior motives at play.

The execution of the sheriff reveal could’ve been better. You’re now dead this round along with either Z or Tanev by the looks of things. If you are indeed the sheriff, that could’ve definitely been avoided.

Best case the slanker who gets lynched is red and we have one red to go. Worst case we are now without a sheriff, the lynched slanker is clean, and it’s now a 5 player game with 2 maf. That isn’t exactly a free dub for town.

7 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

The execution of the sheriff reveal could’ve been better. You’re now dead this round along with either Z or Tanev by the looks of things. If you are indeed the sheriff, that could’ve definitely been avoided.

Best case the slanker who gets lynched is red and we have one red to go. Worst case we are now without a sheriff, the lynched slanker is clean, and it’s now a 5 player game with 2 maf. That isn’t exactly a free dub for town.

Ummm, I was Town who claimed to be in contact w/ the Sheriff w/ no CC....in what world was I NOT gonna be the NK?

I gave you a POE of 4, w/ 50% Maf. Seriously, the only way you're upset by this is if you're Maf

A 5 player game w/ 2 cleared Town is the worst case scenario...wow

Of course, if I'm not around at EOD (and I won't be), and get NK'd (which is highly likely), then Town wouldn't know what I know....Lewt says I should've waited....riiiiiight.

Lewt's strategy literally only benefits Maf

4 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Ummm, I was Town who claimed to be in contact w/ the Sheriff w/ no CC....in what world was I NOT gonna be the NK?

I gave you a POE of 4, w/ 50% Maf. Seriously, the only way you're upset by this is if you're Maf

Yes exactly! you claimed first thing this round, which meant you were going to be killed no matter what. That’s my point, if you’re actually the sheriff, you should’ve waited until the last possible minute to reveal that and not give the mafia the easiest Sheriff kill of their careers.. we would all rather the MK go to one of your confirmed town than the sheriff himself ffs.

21 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

Bruh.

its clear for everyone to see the two people that will be voted for this round are the two slankers, Tanev and Z. Anon voting or not.

My point is that if you clearing SS and illunga so early means there is no opportunity for maf to tunnel them this round and try and win the town opinion over for a mislynch. 

take SS for instance, who had a round long back and forth with Aladeen yesterday. With Aladeen being so sure SS was scum, It would make total sense for maf to tunnel him this round and try to get a mislynch going. Then with the information you have, you would be able to assess that player and see if they have any ulterior motives at play.

I mean, you think the Maf are slankers anyways, right?...how are they going to tunnel?

I got news for ya dude...I'm voting you, and so are 2 other Town this RD. You better get your slanker partner to help out I guess, cuz you're going down.

There's nothing towny about your approach at all to my reveal. 

Yes exactly! you claimed first thing this round, which meant you were going to be killed no matter what. That’s my point, if you’re actually the sheriff, you should’ve waited until the last possible minute to reveal that and not give the mafia the easiest Sheriff kill of their careers.. we would all rather the MK go to one of your confirmed town than the sheriff himself ffs.

I told the Town last RD I was in contact w/ the Sheriff...so Maf already knew.

Again, this does not make sense from a town perspective. You're literally upset about being gifted a POE w/ 50% Maf.

A 5 player game w/ 2 cleared Town is the worst case scenario...wow

Of course, if I'm not around at EOD (and I won't be), and get NK'd (which is highly likely), then Town wouldn't know what I know....Lewt says I should've waited....riiiiiight.

Lewt's strategy literally only benefits Maf

Yes, that literally means we have a 1/3 chance to get it right next round or we lose.

im not saying to wait until next week! Wait until after the special deadline or the end of the round itself.. what did the town actually learn this round at all apart from you are the sheriff? I would understand it if “you” hit a red but now we know you’re dead and we have a couple cleared town, if you said those two were clear at 8:59pm the town is still aware of that and you might live to fight another day. 

of course if you’re not going to be here at nightfall, then all of this is completely irrelevant. But then obviously you would tell one of the cleared guys to claim for you so you at least make the 33% a 50% one by investigating another one of the Poe tomorrow.

long story short, if you’re legit the sheriff, this makes no sense. If you are covering for the sheriff, it makes more sense but could’ve been done better

I mean, you think the Maf are slankers anyways, right?...how are they going to tunnel?

I got news for ya dude...I'm voting you, and so are 2 other Town this RD. You better get your slanker partner to help out I guess, cuz you're going down.

There's nothing towny about your approach at all to my reveal. 

Lol.

if the maf are slankers then yes we are all wasting our time here completely and this conversation is pointless.

There is no guarantee that they are either or both wolf though, and on the chance they are not wolf, we made this round easy for them.

I told the Town last RD I was in contact w/ the Sheriff...so Maf already knew.

Again, this does not make sense from a town perspective. You're literally upset about being gifted a POE w/ 50% Maf.

Why are you just telling us this now?!

if mafia knew the whole time about you then of course that changes everything man good god.

Yes, that literally means we have a 1/3 chance to get it right next round or we lose.

im not saying to wait until next week! Wait until after the special deadline or the end of the round itself.. what did the town actually learn this round at all apart from you are the sheriff? I would understand it if “you” hit a red but now we know you’re dead and we have a couple cleared town, if you said those two were clear at 8:59pm the town is still aware of that and you might live to fight another day. 

of course if you’re not going to be here at nightfall, then all of this is completely irrelevant. But then obviously you would tell one of the cleared guys to claim for you so you at least make the 33% a 50% one by investigating another one of the Poe tomorrow.

long story short, if you’re legit the sheriff, this makes no sense. If you are covering for the sheriff, it makes more sense but could’ve been done better

No, you'd have a 2/3 chance if you miss Maf this RD

Town learned that 2 of 4 are Maf. Zfetch, Tanev, Snake, or you.

Why don't you use this time to try and solve instead of nitpick what's already happened (and strat wise is optimal compared to your idea)? Try and show why you are town in the group of 4

Again, your mindset doesn't make sense from town

Why are you just telling us this now?!

if mafia knew the whole time about you then of course that changes everything man good god.

Oh for pete's sake, I said it last RD.

I didn't just tell you now.

I repeated it now.

You should've already known, not my fault you didn't pay attention

To be 100% clear for everyone as this is becoming silly.

I am not complaining about falc revealing, I am complaining about the timing. As proven, it’s now almost 4pm and apart from knowing two town, we are no closer to finding reds. If falc revealed this later in the round, super close to the deadline then great, we are still no closer to finding reds but at least we know we have a couple confirmed townies for next round with the potential of the sheriff living on. If Falc isn’t here for EoD then so be it, it is what it is and the reveal had to happen early. (Could’ve passed on the Torch but whatever)

On 11/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, falcon45ca said:

Alright, so I've been contacted by someone who claims to be Sheriff.

They investigated BJ RD1, and myself RD2, and then sent me a chat

Here it is.

I investigated BJ RD1, and Ilunga RD2, and SS RD3. 

So yeah...I was not about to take the very real risk I'd be NKd before I would be able to get another investigation, and we'd lost the backups before I hit a red.

This is the best I could do w/o wasting the info I have by getting NKd

• Cheers 1
4 minutes ago, Lewitelli said:

To be 100% clear for everyone as this is becoming silly.

I am not complaining about falc revealing, I am complaining about the timing. As proven, it’s now almost 4pm and apart from knowing two town, we are no closer to finding reds. If falc revealed this later in the round, super close to the deadline then great, we are still no closer to finding reds but at least we know we have a couple confirmed townies for next round with the potential of the sheriff living on. If Falc isn’t here for EoD then so be it, it is what it is and the reveal had to happen early. (Could’ve passed on the Torch but whatever)

There's nobody to pass the torch too, the backups are dead. 

Maf didn't know I was lying about being in contact w/ the Sheriff, but was the actual Sheriff instead, which is why they took at Al.

I can almost guarantee I was already the NK tonight, revealing as actual Sheriff or not...they're not gonna let Town in talks w/ Sheriff run amok, that would be suicidal for Maf

Again...this doesn't make sense from Town mindset, at all