The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] Should Roberto Luongo's #1 Jersey be Retired by the Vancouver Canucks?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Should Roberto Luongo's #1 Jersey be Retired by the Vancouver Canucks?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

How could you possibly conclude from what I said that a captaincy is a requirement for the rafters?

Anyway, if Bo plays 1000 games as a Canuck, is captain for 600 or so and the Canucks do something under his stead, then yeah maybe.

Anyway, I would have Naslund in the ROH myself but he meets those criteria with room to spare and is well on the way to a jersey retirement in my eyes.  A league MVP goes some way toward making up for team failures under his watch.

Regardless there are plenty of worthy jersey retirements all over the league that don't involve a captaincy.

the ted lindsay award that year shoulda went to forsberg top team in the division top point getter and he done it in 7 fewer games. and i can argue luongo was robbed of the hart, vezina, ted lindsay whatever in 2006.. that team have absolutely no reason to winning the division.. they weren't even picked to make the playoff.

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the ted lindsay award that year shoulda went to forsberg top team in the division top point getter and he done it in 7 fewer games. and i can argue luongo was robbed of the hart, vezina, ted lindsay whatever in 2006.. that team have absolutely no reason to winning the division.. they weren't even picked to make the playoff.

Well, even if that were the case the same argument would largely apply to being a Hart or Lindsay finalist.

It is one reason why I state fairly consistently on here that Gary Smith's 1974-75 season deserves more respect and attention.  He was effectively a Vezina finalist and I think 6th for the Hart (and that's with substantial Eastern Conference bias at the time).

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Well, even if that were the case the same argument would largely apply to being a Hart or Lindsay finalist.

It is one reason why I state fairly consistently on here that Gary Smith's 1974-75 season deserves more respect and attention.  He was effectively a Vezina finalist and I think 6th for the Hart (and that's with substantial Eastern Conference bias at the time).

My argument still stand I have no issue with Lou going into the ROH if the likes of bure Näslund is not in the rafter. Heck even Linden. They’re stat wise and accomplishment on the team does not warrant jersey retirement. Can’t change the criteria to be in the rafter from player to player