The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Where Else Do Ex-Canucks Players End Up?

HKSR

5 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

He was a pure cap dump from a team in dire need of moving his out cap asap. 

Isn't our Boeser situation pretty much the same?

5 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I think Boeser at the deadline would be a good get for a team needing a winger for the playoffs. Especially if that team feels they are in compete window for the next 2-3 years. Boeser has absolutely struggled and the injury history is a concern, but at the end of the day he has talent and is young enough to turn it around. 

Here's the thing though:

If you were a team trying to push within the next few years, chances are you have limited cap. You essentially need to make every dollar count to push yourself over the top; the more dead cap you have the less chance you are a true contender.

So if you were one of these teams, are you taking a gamble on one of the slowest skaters in the league who has been pretty bad for two seasons now and can't seem to stay healthy, or are you going to pay more for more of a "sure bet"? Yeah, it'll cost a lot more to acquire a player who is highly regarded and performing well, but if you're going for it, why risk it?

To me it makes more sense for a rebuilding team like Anaheim. They have a ton of cap and if Boeser does turn it around, they could flip him later for more than they paid.

Edited by kanucks25

On 2/3/2023 at 5:10 PM, Pears said:

Still quite a bit more than "zero". I’d almost wager it would be more worth it to keep him, let his wrist heal properly over the summer and see if he gets back to the Boeser we’re used to seeing. 

I don't think the wrist is the issue.I think he falls under the catagorie he's one of those players that  just need a change of scenery.I really believe his heart isn't as a Canuck anymore.It happens in our lives.I spent 10 years at a job in Kelowna but I just needed to move on and try doing it with another company.