The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake Muzzin out for the season and playoffs

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'd recommend seeing an eye doctor if you don't think Nylander has consistently been the Leafs best playoff performer throughout the years. You can try and insult me (by the way, you can come up with better than the bolded part) all you want, but to disagree with everything I've said is to disagree with a significant (almost all of them) portion of analysts that get paid to analyze the game that most of them played at a high level in. 

Leafs fans, analysts, colour commentators and all, are worried about if Matthews Tavares and Marner will show up. They've never had to question Nylander's involvment in the playoffs. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/will-nylander-be-an-x-factor-for-maple-leafs-in-the-playoffs-jeff-marek-show/

Gord Stellick joins the Jeff Marek Show with host Matt Marchese to discuss Toronto Maple Leafs forward William Nylander’s season and whether he could be an X-factor in this season’s playoffs, given his consistent performance.

https://theleafsnation.com/news/william-nylander-is-truly-perfect-for-the-toronto-market

The Leafs are (somewhat rightly) crucified for their recent lack of playoff success, but outside a few flashes from Matthews and some surprise showings from players like Kerfoot and Spezza in the last few years, it’s tough to argue against Nylander being their best playoff performer.

Here you go, from professionals and from their fanbase, both in agreement. 

Not insulting you, just the people who keep coming up with these useless stats.  Too many people think this trash should be taken seriously, but I blame the producer, not the consumer.   Nylander puts up points, but he will always have negative value unless a coach has the balls to tell him that he either puts in an acceptable effort or he can enjoy the press box. Their entire team stops trying in the playoffs as a group, and it's largely because bums like Nylander are allowed to float with zero consequences.  

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Not insulting you, just the people who keep coming up with these useless stats.  Too many people think this trash should be taken seriously, but I blame the producer, not the consumer.   Nylander puts up points, but he will always have negative value unless a coach has the balls to tell him that he either puts in an acceptable effort or he can enjoy the press box. Their entire team stops trying in the playoffs as a group, and it's largely because bums like Nylander are allowed to float with zero consequences.  

Except Nylander does not float in the playoffs so, major flaw in your logic there.

• Cheers 1