The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver 2023 Offseason / TDL

Trade Myers Sept 15 to cap floor team for 3rd round pick in 2024

Trade Garland in the offseason to Pitts for 2 3rds in 2024/2025 

Trade Beauvillier at the deadline to highest bidder for a 2nd and 3rd in 2024/2025 

Sign Mayfield 3years/14 million 

Sign Graves 6years/32 million 

Re-sign Hronek 6 years/40 million

Resign Burroughs 2 years/1.9 million 

Let Bear, Dermott Walk  

Bring up Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Karlsson 

Resign Hirose, Hoglander, and Kravtsov to show me contracts whilst we still have control 

Draft: Anyone at this point, rankings all over the place but Reinbacher and ASP are preferred and will come in as Mayfield's contract expires. 

Kuzmenko Pettersson Hoglander (Scoring Line) 

Mikhayev Miller Boeser (Scoring Line) 

Joshua Aman Podkolzin (Match up Line) 

PDG Karlsson Kravtsov (Energry Line) 

Hughes Hronek (24-26 min TOI) (Offensive pair)

Graves Mayfield (22 min TOI) (Shutdown pair) 

OEL Burroughs (12-14 min TOI) (dont fk it up pair) 

Demko 

Delia  

Myers contract replaced with Graves 

Garland contract replaced with Mayfield 

I dont see Pearson and Poolman returning. 

Ferland is off the books this year I believe, along with Luongo recapture penalty but correct me if im wrong. 

Buyout OEL in 2024 and allocate money to Petey. Replace with Hirose 

Eventually Kravtsov or PDG get replaced by Raty to play 3c whilst Aman goes back down to 4c and Karlsson moves to the wing. I expect a big year from both Aman and Joshua. 

Would love to sign Mayfield and Graves but realistically I doubt it happens. Basically, out with our crap (Beauvillier, Garland, Myers) and in with some studs in free agency. Doesn't really address our 3C hole, Aman may not be quite talented enough for that spot.

To get a bit more creative, it'd be interesting to see if we can ship out our guys and bring the plugs we need to fill the gaps. #

For example, Beauvillier or Boeser + Rathbone to PIT for Marcus Pettersson - don't have to sign Graves then, free up some cap and get a young strong shutdown LD.

For 3C, I think the answer is free agency - there's loads out there who could be had for 2-3M. Kampf's name gets thrown around a lot as a decent defensive guy but there's tonnes.

RD is the hardest spot to fill, Mayfield would be so ideal but he'll get head-hunted and overpaid as an older guy. I wonder if we could sign Soucy cheap and see if he can play on the right? Otherwise, I know he's one of the most hated guys in the league...but Dumba on the cheap? Conor Clifton is another cheap guy, bottom pairing in Boston, surely they can't afford him, we could get him for 2-3M or Bear-like money.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Kampf - Garland

Joshua - Aman - Podkolzin

Pettersson - Hronek

Hughes - Clifton/Dumba/Mayfield

OEL - Burroughs

Hirose

• Like 1