The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins sign Jesper Boqvist

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Good deal for Boston, made some real good bets in Geekie and now Boqvist.

If Bergeron and Krejci don't return, they may have to score by committee up the middle.

These are exactly the kinds of moves that will keep them competitive next year.  No 65-win madness of course, but 50 seems attainable.

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

These are exactly the kinds of moves that will keep them competitive next year.  No 65-win madness of course, but 50 seems attainable.

Eh…I’m not so sure about that. If Bergeron doesn’t come back, that’s a huge loss. Add in Krejci, Hall, Orlov, Bertuzzi, Clifton, Foligno, Nosek…

Even guys who stayed who had career years (Pastrnak, Lindholm, etc) are due for some regression. Lindholm in particular - he had 53 points, while his previous career high was 34.

Bruins may still make the playoffs, but I suspect it will be as a wildcard.

Edited by D-Money

59 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Eh…I’m not so sure about that. If Bergeron doesn’t come back, that’s a huge loss. Add in Krejci, Hall, Orlov, Bertuzzi, Clifton, Foligno, Nosek…

Even guys who stayed who had career years (Pastrnak, Lindholm, etc) are due for some regression. Lindholm in particular - he had 53 points, while his previous career high was 34.

Alright - 45 wins, then.  Orlov and Bertuzzi were brought in as help during the final stretch - they were still monsters without them.

Lindholm did have a career year but he has always been a high-impact defenceman.  Same goes for Pasta.  That regression might not be as large as you're expecting.

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, TextCould contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Alright - 45 wins, then.  Orlov and Bertuzzi were brought in as help during the final stretch - they were still monsters without them.

Lindholm did have a career year but he has always been a high-impact defenceman.  Same goes for Pasta.  That regression might not be as large as you're expecting.

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, TextCould contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text

I wish nothing but mediocrity to Boston, hope they keep drafting 15th overall for the rest of eternity...  sorry to our resident Boston fans ;) 

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

Keep in mind… they have to make a decision on a goalie this season as well. Swayman is an RFA  and I doubt he wants to share the net… so there is a possibility one of Swayman or Ullmark gets moved

I’m going to say Boston misses playoffs next season

- No Bergeron, Krejci, Bertuzzi, Hall, Foligno and Orlov

- weaker down the middle

- Krejci factored in on 44 of Pastrnak’s even strength points

- Bergeron factored in on 31 of Pastrnak’s PP points

- Boston’s PP is going to struggle

- in cap crisis and still need to make more room, few guys left that could be moved out to help clear cap space and sign guys.

- Swayman is up for a contract which will not help their cap situation

- Swayman likely wants to be a starter, possibly leading to a trade of either Ullmark or Swayman

- May be weaker in net overall

- Can either of Swayman/Ullmark repeat what they did??? Their numbers were absolutely f***ing insane

- PK personnel

- playing in a division with TBL, FLA, TOR, BUF, OTT. Buffalo is ready to break into the playoffs. 296GF put them 3rd most GF. OTT will be a tough match any given night. 

- of those 5 teams they are competing with for just a divisional spot, their will be 2 that are also fighting for a WC spot, which will also have 2 of NYI, NJD, NYR, CAR, WSH and PIT also playing fairly competitively. 

• Upvote 1