The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We need a time machine so we can go back in time and grab 24-year-old Kevin Bieksa

Rate this topic

Coconuts

Bieksa was tough but he was mistake prone.

If I can get an RD back from the Sedin era Canuck, I'd like Salo. Assuming he is injury free, he was the best overall defenceman during those years.

Hughes-Salo pairing would be sick: Hughes feeding Salo to release that booming slap shot that everyone feared.

• Huggy Bear 1

I’m not saying he’s going to provide the same impact, but don’t sleep on Jett Woo. He plays a very similar style game. If you put stock in what young, up and coming Canuck reporter Chris Faber says Jett Woo is next in line to come up to the Canucks as a RD. Jett has made significant progress over the last couple of years.

• Huggy Bear 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, Locke Lamora said:

I’m not saying he’s going to provide the same impact, but don’t sleep on Jett Woo. He plays a very similar style game. If you put stock in what young, up and coming Canuck reporter Chris Faber says Jett Woo is next in line to come up to the Canucks as a RD. Jett has made significant progress over the last couple of years.

Would love for him to make it but this is draft + 5 season. I wonder about the odds of a defenceman making the NHL after D+5 season.

It was a bit disappointing that he didn't come close to make the line up out of the training camp. I was hoping he'd be closer.